“Among the finest in New England” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Menton

Menton
Reserve with OpenTable
Menton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 3,098 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, French, Contemporary, Gluten Free
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: A Street
Description: Menton, Chef Barbara Lynch's Fort Point fine dining restaurant, is the final concept to complete her Fort Point trifecta and joins neighbors Sportello and Drink. Located in FP3, the AIA award-winning luxury condominium complex, Menton radiates an understated elegance and offers several beautiful spaces to dine including the 60-seat dining room, a 12-seat Chef's Table, and the 45-seat private dining room. The restaurant, a glamorous expression of fine dining, was designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz and features a subtle palette of grays with touches of silver and black. The cuisine of Menton displays the talent for precision and visual artistry across two seasonal tasting menus and a la carte selections for dinner daily, and a more casual a la carte menu for lunch Wednesday - Friday.
Carlisle, Massachusetts
“Among the finest in New England”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I don't know why it took us so long to make it to Menton, but the delay was a mistake. This is an outstanding restaurant, equal to any we've been to in Boston and around New England. The dining room is elegant and not overstated, with the feel of the city around it. The restaurant filled up as we ate but the service continued to be excellent - prompt, knowledgeable, sensitive. All of our choices on the prix fixe menu were very good - intriguing sets of ingredients beautifully prepared and presented. The meat and fish elements to the main courses were perfectly cooked. While none of the courses was large (thankfully), there is plenty to eat for those who equate value with quantity. Not cheap but then the experience is not readily matched!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank jdarr

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food, great for that special occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Food was fantastic, and what you would expect for a 4 diamond restaurant. The staff was very friendly (Many thanks specially to Meredith) and knew about the food and the wines.

Go for the chefs tasting menu and wine pairing. They say it's a 7 course meal, but I remember more than that, food just kept coming and coming! We actually left quite full, but very satisfied!

Visited June 2013
“Michelin star quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Very memorable meal. Late booking and had to wait for a table but outstanding from there on. Food and service were faultless. Excellent venue for a special occasion and though expensive it is WORTH IT! We were almost last to leave and got a tour of the kitchen where all the staff seemed to be tasting new sauces and dishes. The complimentary use of the town car was a nice touch too! A very memorable night.

Michigan
“OMG It is amazing !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

25th Anniversary and our 3 kids were with us. The entire staff was amazing and the food was even better than that. We had an 830pm table and we were seated right on time. We left at 1245am. We had the 7 course Prix Fix tasting menu and they totally paced the food to how are evening was going. The waiter(s) and the Captain were top shelf. I just cant say enough good things about this. I have travelled the world and this restaurant is by far in the Top 5 i have ever dined. It is expensive but it is also a special place. It is not loud and the tables are well spaced. The food is so creative and they attend to any special requests. Expect the best and take your time and this will be a dinner to remember.

1 Thank Jim G
“Excellent food, but I will never go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Before I start, I will say this was probably the best meal I've had in Boston. The food was excellent, the wine was very good, and we generally had a great time. I wish I could go into more details on this part.

However, I could not believe that spending this type of money, the place would go out of its way to rip you off. I reserved the chef's table in mid May to celebrate two birthdays in the family. I had arranged everything with their staff beforehand, including one bottle of white wine and one bottle of red wine, as well as having the bill charged to my card on file at the end of the night. We had 5 drinking adults, and 5 children, and we were driving home, so we were not looking to get drunk (and we didn't). When I saw the credit card charge I was surprised to see how much it was, requested a receipt, and found they had charged me for 2 bottles each of the red and the white, even though my email correspondence with them was clear: 1 bottle of each. They never asked if I wanted to open more bottles, I never saw them opening more bottles, the bottles weren't on the table so you couldn't see, and we didn't come close to finishing either bottle. I called to complain about this, and after getting back to me, they apologized about the "miscommunication" and said they would send a gift card so that my wife and I could return. Not sure how I "miscommunicated" but I thought this would settle it and was looking forward to returning.

Then I got a gift card for $100. After being charged $443 for 2 bottles of wine I did not order. Umm, no thanks. Not going back. This was a special occasion, and I am lucky enough to not have a problem splurging for an experience like this, and I knew this would not be cheap, but I have a HUGE problem getting ripped off. It's unfortunate that my conscience will not allow me to return and enjoy the food again.

• 3 of 5 stars