“One of Bostons best dining experiences”
Review of Menton

Menton
Reserve with OpenTable
Menton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 3,228 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: A Street
Description: Menton, Chef Barbara Lynch's Fort Point fine dining restaurant, is the final concept to complete her Fort Point trifecta and joins neighbors Sportello and Drink. Located in FP3, the AIA award-winning luxury condominium complex, Menton radiates an understated elegance and offers several beautiful spaces to dine including the 60-seat dining room, a 12-seat Chef's Table, and the 45-seat private dining room. The restaurant, a glamorous expression of fine dining, was designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz and features a subtle palette of grays with touches of silver and black. The cuisine of Menton displays the talent for precision and visual artistry across two seasonal tasting menus and a la carte selections for dinner daily, and a more casual a la carte menu for lunch Monday - Friday.
Oslo, Norway
“One of Bostons best dining experiences”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Menton is exactly what one expects from a fine-dining experience. The restaurant is quite small and intimate, althoug the tables are organized so that you keep your privacy. The service is immaculate. So professional, discreet, but yet warm and social aware of the guests mood and needs. The food was perfect, the amouse bouches was very interesting and worth the trip itself. The wine-pairing showed high level of knowledge.

Visited December 2012

Marblehead, MA
“Worth the Money”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience at Menton last night. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left we were treated to a first class experience. What can one say the amuse-bouche(s)? were presented in an interesting fashion, and pleased the palate. The courses in the Prix fix menu were imaginative, beautiful on the plate, and delicious. We did not explore the wine list and just relied on the pairings. They even supplies a sipping size pairing for my wife who is not a big drinker at a fair price. My complaint? I could not finish the tiny macaroons. I just ran out of room. Portions are small, but there are a lot of them. You will pay for this excellence, and I confess I don't know when I will go back, I have paid less for cars granted they were crummy cars, but still. Should hit it on December 21 before the world ends, you won't have to pay the credit card bill.

• Visited December 2012
ca
“deserves a michelin star”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Everything you would expecty from a top restuarant including the portions. The lamb can go on a cracker. If your not a big eater a fabulous restaurant worthy of a michelin star. My group loved it

Visited November 2012
Walnut Creek, California
“This non-foody was very impressed!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I get to dine at the fine Boston restaurants when my "food snob" brother is in town for business (since he pays for it). That being said, while a 5-star meal isn't the norm for me, I can certainly recognize and appreciate one when it's being served to me. Menton was a wonderful experience from beginning to end, from the coat check to the last bite of the evening. I had a delicious cocktail while waiting for bro's meeting to end, and was made to feel welcome and comfortble until he arrived. One thing I immediately noticed was the temperature inside - I am always cold and most restaurants, even the high end ones I've been to (L'Espalier and O Ya, for example), keep the dining area much too frigid for me; Menton was pleasantly warm and cozy. No shivering during dinner service, thankfully! Something so simple, yet it made the experience that much more enjoyable.
We ordered the chef's tasting menu and after 3 amuse bouches, the small plates arrived in succession. I lost track after plate 5 or so. The dishes were clever, beautifully arranged, and quite delicious. The waiters were highly attentive and friendly, and at one point one of them realized I was straining to hear his description of the food, and asked if the music was too loud...he immediately had someone lower it.
I could repeat the glowing praises from other 5-star recommendations but I'll save you the time. If you want to be pampered, fine dined, and impressed with superb and creative food, make reservations for Menton. Make sure you check the balance on your credit card first :)

• Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best of Boston”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Menton is like no other restaurant in Boston. It Is simply and wonderfully superb. The dishes coming out of that kitchen are so unusual and delicious it is hard to describe. Marvelous combinations you would never think compatible challenge and delight the palate. Each and every one of them. We chose the four Course pris fixe menu but little "surprise offerings" kept appearing to tempt us along the way. We could refuse nothing and enjoyed everything.
The servers were beautifully trained and the ambiance was easy and comfortable. We were
Surprised that the restaurant is quite small and felt intimate. Lovely also to be able to hear everyone at table despite a full room.
This is a place to go for an eating adventure. To take time and savor the food. At last, we do not have to travel to New York or Paris to do so. It is right here in our midst.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Menton? Share your experiences!