“Best view of Boston I could find!”

Liberty Fleet of Tall Ships
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: In the winter you can find our schooner, the Liberty Clipper, sailing in the Bahamas and exploring snow white beaches and crystal clear deep blue waters. Join us for a six night island hopping experience from November to May. Starting late Spring, early Summer, set sail with Boston's Tall Ships and view the harbor while under sail. The Liberty Fleet is Boston's premier tall ship sailing company. You'll be invited to help set the sails and can ask the captain to take a turn at the helm. Come relax and enjoy a beautiful harbor sail with the Liberty Fleet. We offer many different sailing experiences, from a relaxing Sunset Sail or Daytime Harbor Sail, to delicious Sunday Brunch sails. How about a Rum & Revelry Sail or chartering one of our ships for your business event? We even do weddings! Email or call our office and we will gladly answer any questions you may have.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I really really enjoyed my sunset sail on the Liberty Star. It was truly the highlight of my stay on the East Coast. While Mother Nature had a role in that, your staff again was incredible.

1  Thank Jenifer C

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a much smaller and less well-organized outfit than Boston Harbor Cruises, but once we actually got out on the water it was the most fun. They have a small ticket podium on the dock that is often unattended, and when we tried to show up for the noon cruise listed on the sign there was no boat and nobody in sight, so I called and found out the next cruise was at 3pm. When we came back around 2:20, still no one at the booth, so we walked down the dock to the boat and some guys there told us the 3pm sail was cancelled :-(. Fortunately, then they asked someone who actually knew what was going on and he said yes, the boat was going out at 3 and he could sell us tickets.

This is a big sailing ship with a half dozen young deck hands, and they ask the passengers to help raise the sails initially, pulling on the lines as directed - after that, you can just sit and relax. One of the deck hands sang some sea chantys as she worked, which was entertaining. There were only a couple dozen passengers, scattered about sitting on any available surfaces, and they had a cash bar open once we got underway. It was a great way to enjoy a sunny afternoon, and very peaceful with no engine noise as we sailed around the harbor. There was one woman in costume who told the story of the Boston Tea Party and did a brief bit near the end of the cruise where passengers threw a couple of fake crates of tea overboard, but it was not overdone and not a major part of the sail.

I would do this sail again if I returned to Boston on a warm sunny day.

1  Thank Seattle98101
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was not something we were going to do, but it was included in the Go Boston card, and I am so glad we did. Got a beatiful view of the sunset and city at night, with some great pictures of Boston in the background. I had a great time, but if you are someone who gets motion sickness you probably shouldn't do this, as when the sails went up the ship did a lot of rocking. The crew was great, very entertaining, and lots of photo opps. A must for anyone who likes being on the water.

1  Thank chips465
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Wow it's nearly been two years since my wife and I boarded the Tall Ship Liberty Clipper in Nassau, Bahamas for a one week cruise. It was truely a trip of a life time and as much as I'd like to keep it a well kept secret, that would be selfish of me. You'll have to do your own homework on this tall ship for the particulars, but I will tell you it was awesome! Our cruise was all inclusive. The passengers numbered 26 and the crew 9. It was like a private cruise, sailing out into the Caribbean sea under full sail. Our Captain and his crew took us ashore to uninhabited white sand covered islands, where you could swim, snorkle, explore, or just soak up the sun. Then back to the ship for an expertly prepared meal. The food was fantastic and plenty of it at all times. The liquor cabnet was always open if you wished and we got to meet some super ship mates from all over the U.S. It was an intimate setting and we made some great friends we remain in contact with yet today. If you are looking for something away from the crowds with a flair towards 200 years ago, this is for you. We can't wait to do this again. This trip was taken February of 2011, I highly recommend this adventure cruise!

6  Thank puffbob22
Reviewed September 13, 2012

For my wife's birthday, I booked this "delightful" cruise to hell. A thunderstorm ruled out the evening cruise and the staff made nearly no effort to set us up with an alternative.

The heat and humidity were stifling and we asked how to get a little ventilation in our room. We were told there was no alternative, yet the next morning we found that the skylight was actually an open-able ventilation shaft.

"Breakfast" was a half box of cereal and a plastic tub of stale mini cinnamon buns. No coffee.

The bathroom was a dark smelly hole that doubled as a black mold shower. Retch ...

Do NOT go NEAR this floating sewer.

2  Thank TechWanderer