“Sunset cruise a must”

Liberty Fleet of Tall Ships
More attraction details
Owner description: Set sail with Boston's Tall Ships and view the harbor while under sail. The Liberty Fleet is Boston's premier tall ship sailing company. You'll be invited to help set the sails and can ask the captain to take a turn at the helm. Come relax and enjoy a beautiful harbor sail with the Liberty Fleet.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was not something we were going to do, but it was included in the Go Boston card, and I am so glad we did. Got a beatiful view of the sunset and city at night, with some great pictures of Boston in the background. I had a great time, but if you are someone who gets motion sickness you probably shouldn't do this, as when the sails went up the ship did a lot of rocking. The crew was great, very entertaining, and lots of photo opps. A must for anyone who likes being on the water.

1  Thank chips465
There are newer reviews for Liberty Fleet of Tall Ships

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Wow it's nearly been two years since my wife and I boarded the Tall Ship Liberty Clipper in Nassau, Bahamas for a one week cruise. It was truely a trip of a life time and as much as I'd like to keep it a well kept secret, that would be selfish of me. You'll have to do your own homework on this tall ship for the particulars, but I will tell you it was awesome! Our cruise was all inclusive. The passengers numbered 26 and the crew 9. It was like a private cruise, sailing out into the Caribbean sea under full sail. Our Captain and his crew took us ashore to uninhabited white sand covered islands, where you could swim, snorkle, explore, or just soak up the sun. Then back to the ship for an expertly prepared meal. The food was fantastic and plenty of it at all times. The liquor cabnet was always open if you wished and we got to meet some super ship mates from all over the U.S. It was an intimate setting and we made some great friends we remain in contact with yet today. If you are looking for something away from the crowds with a flair towards 200 years ago, this is for you. We can't wait to do this again. This trip was taken February of 2011, I highly recommend this adventure cruise!

6  Thank puffbob22
Reviewed September 13, 2012

For my wife's birthday, I booked this "delightful" cruise to hell. A thunderstorm ruled out the evening cruise and the staff made nearly no effort to set us up with an alternative.

The heat and humidity were stifling and we asked how to get a little ventilation in our room. We were told there was no alternative, yet the next morning we found that the skylight was actually an open-able ventilation shaft.

"Breakfast" was a half box of cereal and a plastic tub of stale mini cinnamon buns. No coffee.

The bathroom was a dark smelly hole that doubled as a black mold shower. Retch ...

Do NOT go NEAR this floating sewer.

2  Thank TechWanderer
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was amazing. We used these guys for a year end staff outing and it was the perfect experience. Good drinks and good food; highly recommend a the dark and stormy. The staff was fun and entertaining and this is probably the best way to see Boston Harbor. Also, if you're looking for a way to foster a team-building experience that isn't contrived they have you raise the sails which is a great team challenge.

Also great at an administrative level for planning. Answers come quick and they are very responsive to changes.

If you're doing this as a company outing I would advise getting a bus to the aquarium area, really helped to coordinate the event.

3  Thank Owen L
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My family (2 adults, 2 teenage boys) sailed with Liberty on a recent afternoon (4:30 to 6:00). As described, the crew did offer the guests the chance to help raise the sails. I don't recall anyone being offered the chance to steer the boat (although we weren't sitting near the wheel, so I can't say that for sure). The crew members all seemed to be very skilled sailors, and they were very pleasant. However, on our trip, there was no explanation to the group as a whole about the boat, the different sails, or how they know how to set them, and there was no explanation of things we were looking at on shore. I asked a few questions about the boat and the things they were doing. But overall our group was very quiet, with people mostly talking with the people they were traveling with, and with limited interaction between the crew and the guests. I enjoyed the water and the sailboat, but would have preferred more information and/or activity.