Review Highlights
Quick Boston History

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Hsinju C
A fantastic and informative morning

Reviewed September 26, 2018
Sarah C
Leeds, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews ferry ride running tour running pace catch your breath freedom trail morning run fun facts excellent tour highlight of our trip tour guide great city the north end eddie sites history joggers overview
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ginger and Brittney are awesome at explaining Boston history while throwing in some fun facts, too! I suggest going on the tour in the beginning of your trip to Boston. I ran the next morning after my 13-hr flight, and it definitely gave me a better idea of the city for the rest of my visit there. Also, you get to take a ferry and enjoy the view of the harbour!
For anyone who is moderately active, the 5K run shouldn't be too tough. (There was a couple in my group who pushed their daughter in a stroller throughout the whole run.)
However, as a person of small stature, the smallest T-shirt didn't fit me. Such a shame. I really like the design but I couldn't wear it. It was the only downside of the tour for me.

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

There's nothing like a 5km run, a lot of history and a boat ride to make you feel like you've used your morning well - and all by 10:30am! Ginger is warm, knowledgeable and sets the pace just right. Everyone loved the running tour.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Ginger was our guide and she was very friendly and knowledgeable! We were able to see the entire Freedom Trail by 10:00 AM and therefore beat a lot of the crowds. The T-shirt you get is really soft and looks great! I would definitely recommend this tour!

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

What a way to experience Boston!!!!
Our guide was awesome (sorry I forgot his name). Great information, facts, entertaining stories! I loved every part of it, especially the ride on the ferry! And to get a tee shirt at that price?! Icing on the cake.
Would highly recommend.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

What a great way to explore the Freedom Trail! 8:30am start seemed a bit early, but given the heat and humidity, that was a great time to do the run. Finished by about 10am and then we were treated to drinks (your choice - water, sports drink or the like) and a T-shirt before hopping on a ferry to head back close to the start point.

Excellent attitude, information and co-ordination by Ginger and Eddie.

We had a large group (over 40) and obviously there were fast runners and not-so-fast runners. Before the most challenging segment (about a half mile), Ginger took the fast group across the bridge and Eddie took the not-so-fast group on an easier route. So don't feel you need to be in tip-top shape to do this tour.

Check out the FaceBook page for photos.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We did this run as a family and couldn’t be happier. We had visited all the major stops along the Freedom Trail by 10am. Which means no crowds (equals great photo ops) light traffic, and nice weather. We had the rest of the day to revisit some of our favorite places and discover new ones, like the African American Heritage Trail.
Ginger is such a kind lady. She is knowledgeable, fun and extremely nice. We got a great tour, a t-shirt, a drink, a boat ride, and met some very nice people. It’s an exceptional value. Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

This was my favorite sight-seeing activity in Boston. It was a fun and active way to see many of the Freedom Trail stops. Ginger was the best leader and made sure we were all feeling okay along the way (it was very hot!). The tour, drink stop, shirt, and ferry ride are all worth the price. Thank you, Ginger! This is definitely something I will tell my other running friends to do when they visit Boston.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

I was worried that it would be a daunting 2hour, 5k. Instead, I was thoroughly enjoying the run and the fun history. Eddie and Ginger were great guides! I felt like I got my morning exercise, informative tour and fun companions all in one event. Thanks

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

We did the run in July right after New England had experienced a heat wave. We did the early morning run on Saturday at 8:30 and the weather could not have been better. Also the streets were relatively empty so each tourist stop we had all to ourselves.

Ginger was our tour guide. She was great at setting an easy pace that kept the whole group together. You have time to catch your breath at each location if you need to.

The cool thing is that you experience the full Freedom Trail as you run over the Charlestown bridge to the USS Constitution. Not only do you see it all but running through the city and the different neighborhoods makes you feel like a true Bostonian out for a morning run.

I recommend that anyone considering this who isn’t used to running hills or doesn’t run on a regular basis start running a month before hand to get in shape. The hills killed this Florida Girl. I also recommend bringing a running bottle with you to have water along the way.

My only critique was that a bathroom break would have been great at some point but I understand needing to keep to a schedule.

The best part is the boat ride back. You get the most amazing view of Boston making all the sweat worth it.

I highly recommended this tour. It’s the top ranked for a reason.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

What a great way to see all the major sites on Boston’s Freedom Trail. Our guide Ginger was informative, fun and full of facts. She was super fit and able to dodge tourists and traffic, but also kept a reasonable (and thoughtful) pace for a mixed group of runners. The run and the ferry back was a really enjoyable way to spend a Friday afternoon.

1  Thank JOWEBSTER2018