“A brilliant concept well done”

RunBoston Running Tours
Ranked #12 of 65 Outdoor Activities in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: RunBoston takes people on running tours of Boston and Cambridge. Our guides will take you on a scenic tour of your choice, helping you see Boston on the go. Select any of our popular pre-mapped courses, or ask us to customize one, based on the sites you want to see while in Beantown. We can run you through historic Boston, pointing out the sites all the way, or just give you some company on your traveling training runs.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

On a hot, sticky morning, Wayne took me on a great 7-mile tour of the streets of Boston. Such a good idea, combining sight-seeing with exercise: perfect for the time-poor, city novice or solo safety-seeker. I loved the fact it was bespoke - no matter how fast/slow/long/short you want to run, Wayne and his fellow guides can tailor the trip to you. Especially poignant was covering the last mile of the marathon route, but the mix of historical insight, running tips and restaurant recommendations make the whole thing the best way for active types to start a Boston stay.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I just had a couple of days in Boston and wanted to see as much of the city as possible. I contacted RunBoston the day before I was leaving for Boston and got a reply a couple of days later. RunBoston and Chief Running Officer Wayne was very flexible and we managed to squeeze in a 9+ miles workout on a Tuesday afternoon.

My goals were to get an overview of the city, see it's main attractions and to get a good workout on the same time. I have to admit, all three goals were satisfied above expectations. Wayne turned out to be a very friendly, funny and knowledgeable running guide. And above all, a very competent runner (he had done the Boston Marathon in 2:42 the same year). We ran parts of the freedom trail were we stopped now and then to have a look at it's main attractions (I know who Paul Revere is now :-) We also had a great run along the Charles River were Wayne let me decide the pace and we did some kilometers without too much sightseeing but with more focus on the running. Brilliant!

All in all, we ended up doing around 16 km and I really enjoyed every bit of it. I highly recommend it. The only thing I regret is that I should have done this run on my first day in Boston, not the last.

Here is map of the run we did: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/327183643

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was in Boston on June 1/13 and did a private tour with Wayne from RunBoston. It was a great experience, Wayne tailored the tour to exactly what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go, gave me a lot of interesting historical information and brought me water on a really hot day! I would recommend this company for anyone looking to do a running tour in Boston...thanks Wayne!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Wayne was my tour guide and if you love to run this is a terrific way to see Boston. He was not only knowledgeable about the city but was a gracious and congenial running guide. He was very accommodating to my running speed and can go fast or slow depending on your preference. The tour itself is individualized and determined by your preferences. It was a great experience.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Wayne provided us with a personal wonderful & fun tour of our city a few days after Marathon Monday and it was a most moving and heartening experience. I recommend RunBoston to anyone who might want to experience an insider's view of resilient Boston.