“Good tour!”
Review of Boston Upper Deck Trolley Tours - CLOSED

Boston Upper Deck Trolley Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: 2 hour narrated tour of Boston and Cambridge featuring 21 stops and hundreds of Boston sightseeing attractions! Free Super Duck Harbor Splash and other free bonus tours with a Premium trolley ticket! Hop on hop off all you want throughout Boston and Cambridge! Get off an Upper Deck Trolley at any of our 21 stops to shop, sightsee, and eat. Rejoin the tour at your convenience! Boston Upper Deck Trolley Tours' modern luxury trolleys feature comfortable seating above traffic for the best views, climate control, and open air photo opportunities all over Boston from elevated seating platforms. Join us!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I went to Boston on business and on my last day had a little time for sightseeing. I arranged this tour online and did not have any issues with that. I liked the tour and guide very much. Unfortunately I do not remember guide's name but the amount of information he gave was just perfect. The only thing I did not like was that instead of windows there were transparent vinyl covers. They were not perfectly clear and it was impossible to take good pictures or video. This tour must be totally perfect in spring, summer or early fall on a sunny day when they completely open the deck.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My daughter and I were in Boston for only two short days, so the Upper Deck Trolley Tour allowed us to see and hear about Boston's history in a way we could participate. Corey, our driver and comedic guide, made the entire adventure worth while and I will use this service again when we have another time around. Truly recommended...

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I arranged this tour online, having never before been to Boston. My adult children and I were very pleased with all aspects of the tour. We arrived in Boston at South Station via a train. The tour bus picked us up right on time outside the door of the train station. I was a little unclear of the exact pick-up spot so I called the tour's customer service. A very pleasant and helpful gentleman answered the phone and told me exactly how to find the right spot. ...go out this door ...turn left and walk a few feet ...see the bus shelter? ...is the building with the something something across the street from you ...he was wonderful. He even contacted the bus while we were talking and told me exactly how many minutes away it was and which direction to watch to see it coming. Once we boarded the bus we were absolutely overwhelmed by hospitatlity and friendliness. It's nice too because a person can get off anytime to walk around and get back on the next bus and each bus driver has unique stories to tell, although they all seemed to be a fountain of information! The bus was very spacious and comfortable. It was great, really, I have no hesitation in highly recommending this tour!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were in Boston for one day on a cruise ship, and we thought a hop on hop off would be a good way to see the city. The tour was OK, I can't remember the driver's name, but she talked non-stop from the moment the bus started moving. It was such a bombardment of information and you would almost get nauseous turning to look back and forth from side to side "on your left is this, on your right is that, over there something else, back that way something else..." After an hour we decided to get off to give our ears a rest. Unfortunately with all her talking, she neglected to mention some of the stops, so we almost missed ours. We decided to just walk back to the market area, as riding the entire route would have taken too much of our limited time in Boston. This would probably be good for people staying for multiple days, but for us it wasn't really worth it.

1  Thank Canadian_Explorer5
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our pass included Charles River & duck splash! What a GREAT addition to hop-on-hop-off! Drivers were very friendly & informative. First trip to Boston & we just loved the city. Trolley picked us up at the hotel in the morning. We hopped on & off for 3 days. Too bad the government shut down a couple of attractions during our stay. Highly recommended for touring the city & surrounding areas like Cambridge & Harvard.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Jonathan S, Guest Relations Manager at Boston Upper Deck Trolley Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

bethc1020132013, thank you so much for the comments on your tour with us! We're thankful that many of our guests enjoyed their tours with us during the government shutdown even though certain sites were closed. Our drivers tried to make their tours especially entertaining and informative to compensate for some of those closures. And since we're the only trolley company to tour Harvard Square we still offered features that no other tour company could match. Come back again next time you're in Boston!