“Very peaceful”
Review of Back Bay Beacon

Back Bay Beacon
Ranked #21 of 37 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I absolutely loved the suite I stayed in. It was an actual apartment which made things feel like home. It was very quiet and secluded and gave a sense of privacy and safety. The price for the stay was extremely reasonable especially for the length of time I stayed and the amenities of the suite. I would definitely go back and recommend others to stay as well!

Room Tip: Visit Sorellina on Huntington Avenue; it is a fantastic restaurant!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank earnold07

Reviewed December 18, 2011

This building is in a fantastic location, steps to Boston Common(skating on Frog Pond), Newbury St shopping and we could see The Esplanade from our room. My BF and I stayed in a 1bedroom with windows that reached the ceiling! The use of the free washer & dryer in the lobby area was a huge plus. And although we didn't use it there was a full kitchen with plates, glasses, utensils, pot & pans. I don't travel light, so I was glad to find they had an elevator to bring up all my bags :)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2011

The apartment us in a beautiful street just next to the park and Cheers. It's a short walk to the T stop (turn right out the house then right again at the first road) and only a leisurely stroll to all the main areas in Boston. We took a taxi from the airport which was $26 Inc tip for 4 with luggage. The apartment was quaint and cosy and perfectly adequate for our needs. The rooms were a little small but it was an absolute bargain. The booking process was easy and we liked the fact that we were completely self sufficient although the staff were just on the end of the phone (which was free for local calls) we left our luggage at the sister hotel which we walked to (about 20 mins) on the day we checked out as we had a late flight. The staff were accommodating and allowed us to change and called a taxi when it was time to go. I would def recommend for the low maintenance travellers who like to explore and enjoy the space and freedom of an apartment. We felt at home as soon as we arrived and the building is discreet but easy to find - in short we loved it and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank dawn H
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Good hotel, clean, well maintained. Service is very friendly and professional. Some of the reception staff were extremely helpful, booking ferry tickets for us and making changes to other hotel reservations on our behalf.
The styling was not quite as good as in other Doyle Collection Hotel but this is only a minor point. The location on Beacon Street is great.
So, all in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Berny M
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This location was great for my younger sister's small sleepover get-together I had for her! We stayed in a bed bi-level which had 2 floors, 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, and a kitchen. The girls (all high school seniors) thought the room was amazing and felt very comfortable. The room accommodated my needs as well as the needs of everyone else.

The hotel staff member I was in contact with was very pleasant and extremely helpful in finding a bigger room for me (last minute) to accomodate everyone who attended. Each time I visit or stay at the this hotel, I am always satisfied. It is not your average hotel with two beds and a tv, it really offers a warm and cozy feel! I wouldn't have picked any other place to surprise my sister for her 17th birthday!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jsl c
Reviewed September 30, 2011

i stayed at Back Bay Hotel during a congress that was held on Copley Place. Location was perfect, every morning I had to do a little walk .
Beds were good and rooms very clean! Decoration standard. Toiletries are very good and I could wash my hair with those hotel shampoos what I normally never do!
Hotel staff was ok

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank charlotte068
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Comparing the online photos with what our room actually looked like was laughable. Maybe they have some better properties, but ours was disgusting: broken sofa bed, gross kitchen, and a bathroom so grotty it looked dirty, even if they had cleaned it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family