“Incredible food...”
Review of Bistro du Midi

Bistro du Midi
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro du Midi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 3,275 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Arlington
Transit: Bistro du Midi sits directly across from Boston's Public Garden half a block from the Arlington T station on the Green Line, on the outskirts of the fabulous Back Bay neighborhood.
Description: With two floors overlooking the Boston Public Gardens, Bistro du Midi is one of the most beloved destinations in the Back Bay of Boston. Chef Josue Louis's award winning authentic Provencal cuisine is inspired by the Midi region of France and features only the freshest seafood, meats and vegetables that are both refined and approachable.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The food here is really incredibly good, the interiors are nicely done and more comfortable than most bistros and the view is gorgeous.

Until about 10:30 on a Saturday night, the noise level is uncomfortably high for me, making conversation difficult - beyond that, five stars!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We went to Grammercy Tavern for our wedding anniversary on the recommendation of a friend. The service was great with a really welcoming and genuinely hospitable team and maitre'd. The food was really good and beautifully presented. A really lovely evening.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Excellent venison special; excellent wine; friendly staff but had to ask 3 times for soda water and lemon; fewer menu choices than expected; $18 valet parking timely and courteous;

Reviewed October 24, 2013

While this restaurant has a good location and decor,the service was indifferent and annoying. My colleague and I wanted a light meal. I requested tea with milk-twice, I ordered soup and it was supposed to be served with bread-found this out later. Dessert was ok.
We had to request water.Our waiter seemed to be wandering around the restaurant with no interest in actually doing his job.
Other diners seemed to have good looking meals. Also found out later that there was a bar menu which would have been a better choice.
I would not return. I am sure Boston has many other options.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My friend and I had picked out a few restaurants we wanted to try during Restaurant Week, and Bistro du Midi was on the list. Our three-course meal was perfectly portioned, prepared wonderfully, and just simply delicious!