Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic visit for my sons 18th birthday!!

We visited the hotel for 3 nights after staying in New York for my sons 18th birthday. This place... read more

Reviewed November 7, 2018
N T
Solihull
via mobile
What a difference an awesome guide can make!

I've been to Boston a couple of times before this, but the experience of having Bill as our guide... read more

Reviewed November 6, 2018
rdragon78
Campbell, California
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Boston
from $25.00
from $79.00
from $35.00
from $44.05
More Info
All reviews hour tour walden pond highly recommend this company auburn cemetery specific interests custom tour cruise ship professional tour amazing knowledge harvard yard wonderful tour martha's vineyard revolutionary war cape cod these guys an excellent guide money well spent
Reviewed August 3, 2018

We were making a cruise stop in Boston for the day and two couples decided to use Boston Private Tours for a 4 hour tour of Boston and Cambridge. From the start, Michele in the office was very responsive and answered any questions. We requested Dave because of good reviews from other reviews and Michele advised us that he was available for out tour.
Overall a great and relaxing 4 hours. Dave kept the tour light and very informative and was very accommodating to what and where we wanted to spend more or less time since the 4 of us had previously visited Boston over the years. He was very knowledgable of Boston and Cambridge from a historical and local point of view. Many times he would ask us if we wanted to make a stop or just continue to the next site.
Dave was also willing to drop us off at any location at the end that worked best for us. In our case we wanted to have lunch in the historical area so he not only dropped us off but offered some suggestions as where best to eat for lunch. Dave, a job well done!

Suggestion for those on cruises: This is a great alternative to booking a tour, especially for a family or small group, for a port stop on a cruise.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 11, 2018

We had a wonderful tour in late June 2018 provided by our knowledgeable guide Matt. The ages of the members of our group ranged from 12 to 74 and Matt was able to hold everyone’s interest. We asked Matt to help us structure a tour that was a mix of historical sites and some places off the beaten path. He developed a great itinerary and we toured Bunker Hill, the Custom House Tower, the Boston Athenaeum, Mt. Auburn Cemetery and a number of other locations.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

I booked a custom tour with Boston Private Tours for my 18 year old son and myself. Dave M was our tour guide and he did an outstanding job.He was so knowledgeable and seemed to sense what we would be most interested in seeing. My son loved his tour. I felt like we learned so much and made a new friend. Money well spent!

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Being in town for a convention, I had limited amount of time to see the city and surrounding area so I booked the Boston, Cambridge, Lexington & Concord six-hour tour with David Johns as the tour guide. David and the tour he provided was incredible! I never would have seen so much in such a short amount of time! I felt like David gave me a crash course on the Revolutionary War and I learned more from him than I did in all my history classes! David also has an intimate knowledge of Harvard University if you are looking for a more in-depth look at the famed University! Make sure to ask him to take you to the best view in Boston, you won’t be disappointed!

1  Thank JCAU99
Reviewed May 7, 2018

My husband and I met up with three other college friends for a weekend in Boston and wanted to do something different. We contacted Boston Private Tours and communicated with Michelle as to what we were looking for. Dave M. picked us up at our hotel and drove us to Harvard, MIT and Boston College, institutions of higher learning that we'd heard much about but had never seen. We parked and walked around at each place and ate lunch in Harvard Square at a restaurant Dave suggested. He also drove us through the beautiful Beacon Hill area, which we'd never seen before either. We would certainly book with Boston Private Tours again, and would definitely ask for Dave!

Date of experience: August 2017