“Unbelievable Quality and Service!”

Boston Private Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #5 of 148 Shopping in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide great Private Tours using sedans,SUV,vans, Limo or buses. Our guides are all Local,mature and well-educated. We can meet you at your hotel, or the airport or at the Cruise-ship pier. Private Tours are a great way to see hilly Boston, in particular, because with our smaller vehicles,we have access to the "off the beaten" track neighborhoods and to the "hidden Boston" which you cannot see from a tour trolley or bus ( which are prohibited entry to residential areas of this 400 year old city), including our "Little Italy" and the 3rd largest Chinatown in the USA. Tours can be tailor made to meet most requests, and we can take you to see where Americas Revolution began in Lexington, and Concord,visit homes of authors,see Walden Pond and Harvard University ( which Gen. Washington borrowed to use as Americas first army base 1775 ), visit botanical or horticultural gardens and cemeteries, view interesting architecture, colleges ( more than 100 colleges/universities in Greater Boston !), Also Fenway Park, the Cheers Bar, site of 1st World Series, Freedom Trail and much,much more. Also, we provide private tours to Salem, the "Witch City" and to Newport,RI, coastal Maine,Cape Cod and Autumn foliage tours to Southern NH and Vermont. We love School group tours, half our guides have teaching certificates, several are published authors, and former National Park Guides, also,we accommodate handicapped visitors. Fees are reasonable. We also provide limited, long duration ,New England and the islands, overnight tours as well,please inquire.
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Unbelievable Quality and Service!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Highly recommended without hesitation. The service and professionalism shocked the pants off this seasoned traveler. I called and left a message and sent an email before I boarded my 2 1/2 hr flight to see if I could arrange a last minute tour since I was able to catch an earlier flight. I expected to play a bit of phone tag when I arrived and have to wait at the airport for a few hours, but when I arrived, the private tour had been arranged and the guide was waiting at the airport! I wanted to tour college campuses and get a general overview of the city, without any specific focus on the freedom trail and Francesca delivered an amazing and educational experience, even though this might have been an unusual request. She was delightful and courteous, encouraging me to share my interests so that the tour would be personalized rather than a canned tour of sights that might not be of interest to me. I was particularly grateful for her recommendation to drive through Mt. Auburn cemetery. No haggling about payment, no worries at the airport, completely personalized tour, and drop off at the door of the hotel = priceless experience. I highly recommend Boston Private Tours and will use them again when I am in town.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ethixtravels

MAreviwer
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Last minute tour for international clients”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I contacted Michelle at Boston Private Tours to assist a last minute request from our Chinese colleagues to provide a tour for two Chinese clients. The travel logistics were complicated; Pick up in one location, drop off in another. We also had two Taiwanese employees join the tour. Also, we asked Michelle to book dinner reservoirs were the tour party would be joined by another two of our employees. A truly international event.

Michelle entirely accommodated my rather frantic, complicated and frequently changing requests, even acting as concierge with the dinner reservations.

Although I did not participate in the tour, my team reported the tour guide, Declan, provided an excellent, informative and professional tour.

I highly recommend Boston Private Tours for business entertaining your out-of-town clients.

Visited July 2013
Ballarat, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“A must with Boston private tours”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

On a few hours sleep we spent the day with Dave in Boston before he dropped us off to the baseball at Fenway.
I could not recommend this family run business enough. Bill, Michelle and Dave were a absolute pleasure to deal with.
The day was tailored to what we wanted to see. Dave's interest, enthusiasm and love of history for the area really showed.
Being in a private car made the getting around the small streets of old Boston easy. Something you could simply not do on a bus.
We only had one full day in Boston before we headed to NYC. Even though we would have loved to spend some more time in Boston. We left feeling we had seen and done everything we wanted to do in a very short time.
I would highly recommend anyone to use the services of Boston private tours.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank sparkles2
Midland, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a great day !”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

With all of the great reviews written earlier for Boston Private Tours, it wasn't hard for me to contact them to arrange a tour and after talking to Michelle, I felt almost a part of their group. Ruth was our guide for my wife, a friend and myself. It was fantastic. It was very informative, lots of history, but more that that, we had a great amount of fun. I truly feel I have visited Boston, not just walked through it. If you would like to experience Boston, please arrange a tour with this company.

Visited May 2013
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Day in Boston”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I just visited Boston with my 84-year old mother and my sister-in-law, who is still recovering from a car accident that resulted in a hip replacement. We had one day to see everything we possible could and for obvious reasons walking tours or hopping on and off a trolley were just not options. We had a private tour with Declan as our guide and I couldn’t have planned anything better. We say everything we wanted to see; some things we didn’t know that we wanted to see, but are so glad we did and best off all never had to walk a great distance or look for a parking spot! In addition, we had a delightful lunch at a very old tavern – we would never have found on our own. I can’t say enough good things about this agency. It was worth every penny spent and it allowed me to mark one more thing off Mom’s “bucket list.”

Visited April 2013
4 Thank Teresa VanCleve W

Been to Boston Private Tours - Day Tours? Share your experiences!