Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Simply the best

We had a four day tour of New England. Svenja was the perfect hostess, she drove safely and she... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
black2313
Hossegor, France
via mobile
Great experience with Boston Private Tours

After finishing a cruise in Boston we wanted to experience more of New England but only had a... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Harriet Lisa I
Sydney, Australia

All reviews hour tour colonial inn highly recommend this company auburn cemetery custom tour cruise ship amazing knowledge harvard yard wonderful tour four hours these guys money well spent knowledgeable guide better understanding historical sites harvard tour points of interest
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My company was interested in entertaining an Executive Candidate we were looking to hire whose flight back to Malaysia was severely delayed to the most recent snowstorm. On VERY short notice, I did some internet research on group and private tours and decided to call Boston Private Tours based on the overwhelming positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I spoke with MIchelle over the phone and told her my situation and she asked that I give her a few minutes to check availability since the tour was to be in just over 12 hours from our call. Michelle called me back and confirmed availability within minutes. End result- our client (prospective employee) was treated to a fully customized, one-on-one tour of Boston at a VERY reasonable price. He LOVED it and found it informational and fun to be able to ask personalized questions during the course of the tour (something he wouldn't have experienced with a big group tour). I highly recommend Boston Private Tours for personal or business use and will be using them again when we want to give clients or candidates red carpet treatment in the future.

1  Thank Suren77
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My daughter and I recently spent 5 days in Boston for her 5 th grade project. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and made Revolutionary War Boston come to life! They were great in identifying what concepts/sights were top of mind for us. We learned the historical significance and many stories only a subject matter expert would know. We spent 6 amazing hours in Boston, Lexington and Concord. A plus all the way and worth the investment! Canned tours can't touch this company!

2  Thank Heidi R
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have always wanted to see and experience Boston and its surrounding historical sites. The question was how to do that. Fortunately we found Boston Private Tours and Bill! Bill is a retired teacher who loves the history which surrounds him from one end of Massachusetts to the other. He discovered we were elementary teachers and immediately assigned the guide who had an extensive background in children’s books and history of the area we wanted to explore.
We spent the day with our guide, were delighted with the massive amount of information given us and thoroughly enjoyed the sights we saw as we were toured. This was an experience we will long remember!
Thank you Boston Private Tours!

1  Thank 2012Pam
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were a group of 6 visiting from Australia. Bill arranged the six hour tour and Declan was our guide. The service from this company was excellent. We were collected at the station at the appointed time, the tour took in all the history and sights we had requested, and Declan provided local knowledge. By taking the private tour, we saw much more in the available time and we had a more personal relationship with our guide. This allowed us to ask as many questions as we wished and receive educated responses.

3  Thank Ian N
Reviewed October 29, 2012

After corresponding with Bill for several months, he knew what we wanted to see on our tour. His son was our tour guide/driver and was very knowledgeable of the areas we visited. We have arranged for private tours off the ports we have visited from our cruises and this was one of the best!

1  Thank Judy S