“I command that all stay away!”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #452 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Neighborhood: Back Bay
“I command that all stay away!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to PF Changs for years. I have been to these restaurants in many states and as I have been living abroad for a few years when I was back in Boston for the holidays this year, we thought it would be perfect to have this experience with our family a group of 16 people. It was the low point if the holidays for me. We were there the 15th of December for an 8 PM reservation. It was an experience that included none of the things I remember loving about this "upscale" chain. For example:

1. The hot & sour soup was cold. I asked them to heat it up and they were rude about it. When they brought it back, it was a little warmer but not much.
2. The Dan Dan noodles, I remember they would do a routine where they would mix them up. Here, they dumped them in front of us and walked away.
3. The lettuce wraps: didn't they used to mix up a sauce to your taste before you would eat them? I asked about it and they brought out a huge bowl of hot-sauce.

These are all things that at one time made the pf Chang experience exciting. Not here. Perhaps they made some other decisions as well to try and maximize profit. Some examples:

1. They kept a tray on a stand at the end of our table throughout the meal and just stored our dirty plates there throughout the meal. I have never seen that before.
2. The men's room was about as clean as a gas station restroom. Trash all over the floor, dirty toilets, disgusting.
3. I was brought the dirtiest wine glass I have ever gotten at a restaurant. It has obviously come directly from another table. There was wine in the bottom and food stuck to the side. It took 10 minutes to get another one.

I will never go to pf changs again. This includes all chains in all states. It is not what I would consider a top choice for me below, but I was always confident in the service and the quality of the food. If management reads this I hope you look into what is going on, but from my experience it seems there was no one there that cared.

Happy holidays!

1 Thank Kitman911

• Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Can't go wrong”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been to P. F. Chiang's 20 times in the last 5 years and have yet to be disappointed. Great food- a little on the expensive side but great atmosphere and well worth it.

Visited November 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great food.”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Clean, friendly, great menu selection, and delicious food. I would go there all of the time. Great!

swansea
“yummy”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a week's holiday in Boston. Our hotel was on Boylston Street, really close to the Prudential Centre where one of the PF Chang's in Boston is located. We have visited PF Chang's before in Boston (chicago and las vegas) and we really like the Prix Fixe menu for two. You choose 2 soups, 1 starter, 2 main dishes with rice then a small dessert. The food was delicious. We didn't have to wait for a table. The service was good, although the people that actually bring the food out from the kitchen to the table didn't seem very happy. We went to PF Chang's a couple of times during our visit. We will definitely go back the next time we are in Boston and would recommend it.

Elgin, United Kingdom
“forgettable ............”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I love Chinese food and this was OK but would probably not be in my Top 20 of Chinese Restaurants. The food was only average and the waiter had the terrible tendancy to remove the plate from one diner while the other was still eating. Annoying.