“A chain, but very nice.”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #489 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The food was delicious ~ well prepared and quickly served. Ambiance was very nice. The place is very popular, even though it is a chain. We went here because it was pouring rain outside and it was connected to our hotel.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Went here while chaperoning a student group. The kids wanted to try it, so we made a reservation well in advance. Despite that, we had to wait 15 minutes for our seat. We were crammed into our seats so closely that we had to climb over the chairs to get in. We were back-to-back with our neighbors. The service was slow. One person at our table had her food delayed ten minutes because they didn't have white rice prepared. How does a Chinese restaurant not have white rice? It boggled my mind. She was not discounted for her wait, nor did any of the staff seem to think it was an issue. The food was just okay--nothing special. Our waiter was not helpful in making change, nor did he seem cognizant of our time issue. This is a place we will avoid in the future. It's just not worth the time/money.

1  Thank Rgrace33
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I seldom have a bad experience enough to warrant a single rating, but I was highly disappointed as I've been to PF Chang's in 3 other cities and never had an issue. Not sure if this location has been here a while and lost its way.

Service was slow even late afternoon on a Saturday, and when we raised an issue on the food twice, it still wasn't addressed and the waiter didn't seem overly worried. Drinks took a while to get served. Waitstaff was hanging out in the bathroom texting.

My meal was ok, nothing to excite. But my companion's meal (moo shu) wasn't cooked well and the little pancakes to wrap it up were SOOO dry that they kept falling apart (they came back 3 times with pancakes but it was the same issue.....I've never had that happen at the other locations I've been).

I was thinking this might be a one-off bad experience until I read a lot of the other reviews....seems consistent. Disappointing as I know how good this place COULD be. Better options a couple steps away in Chinatown.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Great looking place. Nice and clean. The food is the very best I have had. Very nice people. Quick service.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were there on a Saturday night at 6 pm and got seated right away. Our server, Jordan, was wonderful and took the time to explain some dishes we were unfamiliar with. She made suggestions that were perfect for us. We had the 39.99 dinner for two and added another dish for my husband, two daughters and myself. The pork dumplings were wonderful. We also enjoyed the sweet and sour chicken. The chocolate cake was great. We were worried about going after reading some other reviews but we decided to try it and are glad we did. Would definitely go back. It is noisy, however. The place was packed when we left. Prices were very reasonable for Boston.