“Great place to go before or after the game”

Jerry Remy's Sports Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Between Jersey & Ipswich Streets
Transit: Kenmore Station‎;Green Line;Buses from this station:8,9,19,57,60,65,193,mbta.com‎‎-. Head south on Kenmore St toward Commonwealth Ave; Turn right at Commonwealth Ave; Turn left at Brookline Ave; Turn left at Yawkey Way; Turn left at Boylston St; Destination will be on the left.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We usually always include Jerry Remy's when going to see the Red Sox. If it's a nice day, you can't beat sitting on the roof top.

Typical pub fare (hamburgers, hot dogs, deli sandwiches, etc.) and drinks.

Get there early if you want to get a seat !

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Food is decent, there is a decent selection of beers, not a bad place to grab a bite before a game. We like it here if the windows are open to the streets, good for people watching. If the Sides/windows are closed it is pretty much an average bar atmosphere.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

You should go here for sure! It's in a great location, literally next door to Fenway on Boylston St. Easy parking right across from the restaurant (yes it's expensive to park there....show me someplace in Boston that isn't!). There are also a couple of other good bars/restaurants in the immediate area. If you are going to the Sox you can park/eat here and walk to the park 3 mins away.

Great bar area, and probably 50 flat screens on two big floors. There's a small outdoor area in front, and a larger outdoor area upstairs. This is just a fun spot to go to, particularly when there's a Red Sox game or other sport happening in the city. There are 3 flat screens in the bathroom, which my son thought was super cool!

My only caution is to not go here expecting top rated food or service. I recognize that our experience may not be typical, and you may find the food and service just fine, but ours wasn't great. The food here isn't terrible, that's not something to worry about. But we found it to just be okay. The first problem we had was that a few of the people with us ordered burgers medium well and they came extremely rare. When they asked to have them cooked further they didn't get them back until everyone else was finished eating (And that was only because one of them flagged a waiter to get their attention....not sure it would have ever come back otherwise). And I found the chicken in my chicken ceasar salad was pretty bad (I'm not a picky eater at all!).

The service was very slow as well. When I mentioned to the waiter that he was 'really running hard today' he told me that he asked management to let him take a large outdoor section by himself so he could 'make some extra cash today'. I'm not sure if they were short staffed or not, but either way this is a pretty unprofessional way to manage a restaurant (Letting the wait staff dictate how many tables they have). Believe me he was working hard, and probably doing as well as one person could do, but as a result of this decision he caused many patrons to have a less than ideal experience that day. I'm all for working hard and showing initiative to make extra cash, but in this case it wasn't a smart decision. NOTE TO MGMT: Don't allow individual waiters/waitress' to determine the number of tables they are going to serve when it's busy....their good intentions to earn more money may come at the expense of good service. Company and employee goals aren't aligned here!

As I said, I'd go back here for sure because it's fun spot and the food is bar food quality. Just wanted to share our experience, hoping it doesn't happen to anyone else, and also hoping that Mgmt reads this and takes it to heart.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

A great atmosphere with a large selection of beers. A really nice roof deck and huge tv's for sports fans. Unfortunately, the food falls below average and over priced bringing the overall review to average.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

A choice between a hot dog and burger isn't a lot. I would have expected at least fish (and not an overpriced lobster sandwich) to be one of the items on the menu. The Remy Burger was OK, not $13 OK, just OK. The teriyaki wings app was the best thing we had. The sliders were tasteless. However, the beer selection was excellent and our waiter, Sebastian, was very good. I did like the roof deck and I am sure it would be fun for drinks during a game at Fenway. I will visit again, but only for the beer.