“Good view of the harbor”

Boston's Best Cruises
Ranked #3 of 43 Transportation in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for something to do in Boston? Boston’s Best Cruises offers something for everyone! Choose from an exciting whale watch, a day out on the Harbor Islands, Boston’s Best Sunset and Lighthouse Cruises and much more! Boston’s Best Cruises - More than just a boat ride! Our "Ferry Center" building is located on Long Wharf North between the Marriott Long Wharf and Christopher Columbus Park. Look for the dark, wood building with the nautical code flags flying above.
casper
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Good view of the harbor”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was a perfect way to see the skyline and old ironsides. The only down side was it was too short I felt.

Visited November 2013

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tour was nice, but we didn't see whales!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

First time in Boston, so I wanted to experience Whale Watching when I was out there. I bought the Travel Zoo deal so I was a little apprehensive about the experience especially after reading some of the reviews. After purchasing the Travel Zoo deal, I had to call Boston's Best Cruises and make a reservation. They didn't have any restrictions on reservations which was nice. I was able to reserve a Sun morning tour. The ticket pick up process was seamless. I gave them my order number, they printed my boarding pass and I was on my way.

Parking around the harbor was not an issue. We found a parking lot for as cheap as $12 for 10 hours.

The actual boat ride was nice. Once on the boat, we got to see Boston's simple but pretty skyline. The boat ride does have some snacks (pizza, pretzel, chips, popcorn, etc) that you can purchase and they do take credit card. The bathrooms on the boat were clean and accessible. We spent about 4 hours on the boat cruising around looking for whales but had no luck. I was pretty bummed about it because I've heard that it's such a great experience.

Nonetheless, Boston's Best Cruises did give us a voucher to return back and it's valid for up to a year. Because I was from out of town, I just gave my voucher to my friend who lived in Boston so she could go.

2 Thank Jessica V
Friedrichsdorf, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tour was cancelled without information”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We booked this tour from Germany in internet to have a whale watching tour during our one day stay of the cruise ship. It was scheduled for 10.00 a.m, so we drove from the Harbour by Taxi spending 20 USD to figure out, that there is a boat, a ticket office, but no personal at all.
I called the office asking what is going on and was infomed that the tour is cancelled. They mentioned everyone was informed. correct is, that we received an email saying that the tour is rescheduled, means probably on a later time, but rescheduled does not mean cancelled. I already checked via email from Germany, what rescheduling means, but never got an answer, therefore thinking, it will work out.
we have made prepayment and only after asking, if I will get my money back they immediatlly paid, but why the have not retransferred my money when "rescheduling" the tour.
My children have been very disappointed and the day was completly spoiled.
Next time, I will book only at the same day and defintely with another company

5 Thank Daniel E
London
222 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 281 helpful votes
“Another perspective on the city”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

It was our last day and frankly were toured out after 3 weeks sightseeing. A cruise around the islands was an ideal finale. It was a bright sunny day with little wind and we had a lovely view of Boston and its harbour as well as the various islands, the Winthrop Peninsular and the Airport. You were able to sit back and relax and enjoy the scenery in the sunshine. The boat was relatively empty so it was a truly relaxing trip. The boat stopped at a couple of islands but as we were pushed for time we stayed on board but they did look interesting. You can be dropped off and picked up by a later ferry.A fitting end to a wonderful trip to New England

1 Thank eonaLondon
Munster bei Dieburg, Germany
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I went on the Whale Watching trip! It was very informative. We saw a few whales, a basking shark and a seal.
I enjoyed being out on the water, it was very relaxing and we had a great view of the Boston Skyline. It's also possible to do some plane spotting while heading out and coming back!

The trip lasted about 3-4 hours.

Since we only saw a few whales, we got a vouvher to come back on another trip!

1 Thank Susan L

Been to Boston's Best Cruises? Share your experiences!