“Great afternoon”

Boston's Best Cruises
Ranked #3 of 42 Transportation in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for something to do in Boston? Boston’s Best Cruises offers something for everyone! Choose from an exciting whale watch, a day out on the Harbor Islands, Boston’s Best Sunset and Lighthouse Cruises and much more! Boston’s Best Cruises - More than just a boat ride! Our "Ferry Center" building is located on Long Wharf North between the Marriott Long Wharf and Christopher Columbus Park. Look for the dark, wood building with the nautical code flags flying above.
Los Cabos
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great afternoon”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting family in the Boston area and my brother suggested we go whale watching since I had never been on a boat in Boston. It was a great day, the seas were calm and the sun was shining. We saw humpback and minke whales. The crew was great and very knowledgeable about the sea life. The boat stopped twice to fish out balloons that were floating on the water since they are harmful to sea life. Capt. Deb was wonderful and really enjoys her job. I would do this tour again or would select Boston Best Cruises for one of their other tours next time I visit Boston.

1 Thank CabobabeLosCabos

Millis, Massachusetts
“perfect time”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Awesome sunset whale watch have been on other whale watches but this was the best. Capt Deb made the trip more than we expected. Her crew was very knowlegable and very helpful. It was a perfect way to spend the 4th. Thank you Bostons Best

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Boston's Best Cruises Whale Watch”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Although I've been on several whale watches over the years I needed to put together a day of fun for far flung family who decided to visit me, last minute, for a 4th of July visit. I'd had a good time on previous cruises but couldn't remember the name of the company. I remembered my neighbor regaling us with her recent whale watch experiences. She gave me the website address for Boston's Best Cruises because she thought that they had an evening cruise scheduled for the 4th. They did!

I don't know if our Capt (Capt Deb Realling) is the one who pilots each whale watch but she was awesome. I've never been invited into the captains quarters to see how the captain pilots the boat. When the the Captain waved me in I was astonished! After being instructed on what not to touch I had a birds eye view of the whale we where watching!!! How amazing is that!! Later in the trip she invited anyone who was interested to come up to see the controls and to meet the naturalist who was working this trip. My sister and her husband got the same treatment. Did you know there's no wheel in the "wheel house"? As we headed back to Boston the naturalist came around with a small tube of water that had plankton swimming around in it. She explained how whales live on millions of those tiny fish. I knew that but it was interesting to see just how small those critters really are. I don't remember any of this happening on my previous whale watches.

As we cruised back to Boston we saw the fireworks going off all up and down the coast. We could see the Boston fireworks behind the skyline as they played Boston Pops over the loud speakers. It was a romantic way to spend the 4th and I hope to be able to come back next year. I'm going to invite some friends to come along.

2 Thank Jane R
Charleston, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Experience/RESPONSIBLE whale watching”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I chose this company for 3 reasons:
1. They were cheaper for the same experience, same boat, etc.
2. Since they weren't the most "popular" company, I figured our boat would be less crowded (I was right).
3. They were the only company out of Boston that was listed on whalesense.org for responsible whale watching. Something about the motor that was positioned or protected somehow so that it couldn't injure marine life. I really think they should play this up more. I think a lot of people would choose them for this reason.
In any case, the naturalist was really educational. I was worried she might annoy us as she started talking right out of the dock, but she was actually really cool. She knew a lot about the area, the individual whales, and their behaviors.
They have a great selection of drinks and snacks in case you get hungry/thirsty. I didn't use the bathroom so can't comment on that. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We went on a Saturday in June and had more than enough space to see the whales. We ended up seeing 2 or 3 different species. It was truly an amazing experience and the best part of our trip hands-down.
As an aside, I read horror stories (from all companies) about people throwing up everywhere, horrible sea sickness, running out of vomit bags , etc. I get seasick just looking at a boat (as did one of my friends), so we came prepared with SeaBands, lavender oil behind the ears, Dramamine, ginger candy, etc). It was a calm day, and we had no problems whatsoever. So don't let motion sickness stop you if you want to do it. You can always not go if it looks too rough. All 9 of us would definitely recommend this tour to anyone.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank Nickis124
Boston and...
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Boston harbor cruise competition - yes!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It is so nice to have multiple, quality harbor cruise options after all these years. We took the boat out to George's Island for the day. The ride was very nice. There were indoor and outdoor spaces, and the outdoor ones were covered, or not. The only issue we might have had was that there was not enough seating for everyone. But we made sure we were early enough in line that that wasn't an issue. Oh, and it would be very nice if they were to have at least one later run back from the island(s). The last one we could take was at 4-something. These latter points are why this is a four- rather than a five-star rating.

The other great aspect for customers is the price competition, like more than 10 years ago, as reflected now in the flash sales by Groupon, LivingSocial, AAA etc. We used one. We rode for $15 for the two of us. And it doesn't appear that any of the companies are suffering. (See comment about standing room only.)

Long may this last!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Firewind

Been to Boston's Best Cruises? Share your experiences!