Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
XV Beacon(Boston)
  • Fitness center
  • Pool
1,643 results
All reviewsold state housecourt streetgreat locationfaneuil hallglass showerfreedom trailhardwood floorsboutique hotelhistoric buildingquincy marketthe north endstate streetmodern designstreet noisemini barroom servicegovernment center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We planned to stay at the Ames after a tour of New England celebrating our anniversary and would have to say Nina Sweet helped make it extra special, I emailed ahead as wanted a higher room due to some reviews about road noise, there is some but still slept well! Nina upgraded our room and there was a bottle of chilled wine waiting in our room! Lovely!! the room itself was gorgeous very funky, huge tv and super comfy bed and the bathroom huge,great shower too. Was surprised that a 4* hotel charges for internet usage after not being charged anywhere else but that was really the only niggle, the location is fantastic right behind quincy market and the staff were without exception very helpful, one of the guys on reception googled where was good for steak nearby - great service. Loved it here and the staff were really great but thank you Nina for making it extra special!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EM4
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2010

Well thank you very much!! I am happy that we were able to make your anniversary and your New England tour special! I hope you will be able to make it back for your next anniversary...maybe even sooner? I would love for you to email me again at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com whenever you will return!

Reviewed October 7, 2010

We've stayed twice at the Ames and both times the hotel itself has been wonderful. The room (we had a suite) was one of the best I've stayed in on a corner of the hotel with great views over the Custom's House. Service is generally very good although one evening we went to the bar after dinner and after 15 minutes abandoned it when no one could be bothered to take our order. Having said that the 2 bars are excellent and the hotel is superbly located for sightseeing etc.

Our only gripe is that it is incredibly noisy - on a Saturday night drunken revelers (presumably from the hotel's own bar) keep going until 2am, sirens abound throughout the night from various emergency vehicles and the local garbage collection starts up at around 4am, not to mention that there is construction nearby which has been going on for the last year which also starts incredibly early. I'm not sure if the windows aren't sufficiently sound proofed but having been kept awake all night for 3 out of our 5 nights it is bad enough not to return despite the overall excellence of the hotel itself.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad that you found the hotel, room, and service to be great, but I am truly disappointed about the experience you had with noise. While it’s true that we do have a happening night life and we are nearby ongoing construction by the City of Boston, we never want our guests to be inconvenienced or have a less than fabulous stay. I am so sorry that you left feeling unsure. I hope you’ll reconsider coming back to us. Perhaps a room in a different location of the hotel would be better for you. Please contact me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com when you are ever back in town and I will handle your booking personally.

Reviewed October 6, 2010

I have traveled the world and have never been to a place that had better service from every aspect. I will always look for a Morgan's Hotel whenever traveling in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

What a wonderful compliment! I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Feel free to email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com if I can answer any questions or make reservations!

Reviewed October 6, 2010

Excellent value, great staff, food and drinks. Really had fun here, it felt like Boston, but with typically Morgan touches of hipness and fun. This is a real person writing this and not some hotel plant. i loved this place and this stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

You had just the experience we were hoping for...Boston with a healthy dose of fun! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you’ll come back to us (or any of our other Morgans properties) very soon! Please email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com if you ever need any booking assistance!

Reviewed October 5, 2010

We had never been to Boston before and staying at the Ames contributed to such a positive experience. The manager (Nina) was extremely generous with the upgraded room - which had amazing views and a very modern but comfortable style. The hotel's location was excellent - a couple steps away from everything. I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind comments! I wish you could have stayed longer too! You’ll have to plan a longer trip next time. It’s so nice to hear that you enjoyed the views from your room and that you found the location to be convenient! Don’t forget to email me at nina.sweet@morganshtoelgroup.com when you will be back in Boston!