“Beautiful light, airy hotel.”

Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I stayed in the Ames in Boston in June 2010 as part of a wider trip to the US. The hotel as a whole is very well presented, super clean and very well designed. I especially liked the outside area where you could eat a meal on some nice outdoor sofas.

The room itself was bright and spacious - the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was very large with a great big shower.

We ate lunch in the restaurant one day - very nice food, and reasonably priced (although everything in Boston seemed that way to us... we had just arrived from the Hamptons). The service was really charming - I'd like to thank the restaurant manager who very humerously protected us from a homeless man who was bothering us, and the other staff were great too. Also a nod to the concierge, Charles, who was super-helpful and very funny.

All in all a great hotel - only down point was being charge $50 for a 5 minute international call - that's beyond all measure of reasonably what a hotel should be charging. This was wiped when we pointed out it was actually a reverse-charge (collect) call - but still I think it's unfair of any hotel to overcharge for services like this. Didn't spoil our stay though, I'd definately go back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2010

Thank you so much! I’m happy that you enjoyed your trip in Boston and the Hamptons. Thank you for your comments on the design, the room, and Woodward Park. Such a great little spot to people watch, isn’t it? Thank you also for your comments regarding the staff. I hope to welcome you back to Boston soon! Please don’t hesitate to email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup if I can ever be of assistance!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,585)

Reviewed July 6, 2010

The hotel was great! great location, close to everything. Very modern and clean. Definitely stay in the room with the glass bathroom wall, very unique. The staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2010

The peek-a-boo showers are sassy, aren’t they? I’m glad you enjoyed them, and had a great stay! Feel free to email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com before your next trip!

Reviewed July 6, 2010

I booked the Ames because it looked really modern and trendy and was close to an event we had for the weekend. The front of the hotel can be easily missed because it blends right in with the other business buildings in the area, but rest assured once inside it is just amazing. On the first floor there is a restaurant and bar that is fun to go to at night.

The check in was very easy and the staff very friendly. However when we got to our room it wasn't what we expected. One of the best features of the hotel is getting the glass bathroom and this one didn't have it. They quickly switched our rooms and accommodated our request. We then were in a room with a a great view of the city. The room itself was trendy with modern furniture, a large flat screen tv and a comfortable bed. This set a great tone for the weekend and the staff were nothing but helpful for the rest of our stay.

I would definitely recommend to stay at the Ames.

• Stayed: July 2010
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

I'm terribly sorry that I missed this review! Thank you so much for your stay and for taking the time to review us. I hope you've been back since 2010, and if not, I would love to welcome you back again! Feel free to email me if you need assistance booking a future reservation with us!

Reviewed July 6, 2010

The Ames is in a great location in a beautiful building. Hotel entrance is modern and very welcoming. Great staff throughout the hotel. Bedrooms are awesome, modern clean lines but still having the feel of being cosy and with mgnificent views of the city. Woodwards is the place to be ( the restaurant/bar at the hotel) food is exquisite and again the service is excellent.

This hotel has the full package.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Yay! Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and thank you for your stay. I’m happy that you had such a blast with us, and enjoyed our design, rooms, and happenin’ restaurant! Let me know when you’re back in Boston at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com!

Reviewed July 4, 2010

Although I've stayed in many Morgans hotels in the past (Hudson, Mondrian LA, Sanderson, Shore Club) I was starting to get a little tired of them as I felt they sacrificed substance over style. That is however simply not the case at the Ames...not only is it stylish but its one of the nicest places I've stayed at. The big selling point of this place is not necessarily the great central location or beautiful comfortable rooms but the amazing staff! I like to stay in trendy boutique hotels, but very often I feel that in those types of establishments the staff have better things to do than to look after you...that's certainly not the case here. Great staff, great stay!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank MikeyL0ND0N

Fabulous! While I certainly love to hear about our top notch location, my favorite comments are about our staff. Thank you for thinking of us, and I’m glad that you had a great stay! Happy 4th, and we hope to have you back next year (if not sooner!).

Reviewed July 1, 2010

This hotel was so beautiful. The room cleanliness was the best I have ever seen. The hotel staff and restaurant staff were so pleasant andh helpful.

The location tof the Ames o all the attractions in Boston's downtown area was perfect. We could walk to Fanieul Hall and the Northend. Also the MBTA stop is right there as well as shopping in Downtown Crossing.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maureen051

Thank you so much! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. Hurry back, and bring your friends! Email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com whenever you’ll be back in Boston!

Reviewed June 28, 2010

I stayed at the Ames Hotel this past weekend to visit my college daughter with her aunts, uncle and cousins (10 and 13). First, the location is perfect. around the corner from Fanueill Hall and across the street from the old state house at Government Center T stop. It is a bit hard to find because it is so cool that it does not have a sign outside. Look for the Ames Building and you're there. The restaurant is very happening with great food and excellent service particularly if you are lucky enough to sit in Katherine's section. She made our chic reunion night super special. Emily at the front desk went over and beyond to help arrange fun things to do while we were there and Charles, the concierge has great connections and suggestions. Knowing what people will enjoy and creating experiences for them is a talent and he has it. So I was already planning on writing a rave review about how much fun we had and then my daughter became very ill (stomach virus) on what was supposed to be our last day. Emily and Charles helped get her to Mass General Hospital, extended our stay and arranged for the chef to make chicken broth and ginger ale for her to eat when we got home from the ER. They even called upstairs to check on her. Right down to the valet who remembered our names, the service was stellar. I had a much different experience at XV Beacon on one of our previous trips to Boston which I have also reviewed. Hands down..don't stay anywhere else but the Ames Hotel in Boston.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank LisaKnoxville
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2010

Fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I’m overjoyed that you truly enjoyed your stay, and that our team was able to make your weekend special. I shared this review with our entire staff. I’m glad that Emily and Charles were able to make you feel comfortable and help you when your daughter was ill. We all hope that she’s feeling better! Hopefully you can return soon to Boston and to Ames! Feel free to email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com whenever you’re back in town.