“I cannot stop talking about our wonderful stay at the Ames.”

Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #43 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Hull, Massachusetts
“I cannot stop talking about our wonderful stay at the Ames.”
Reviewed July 1, 2010

This hotel was so beautiful. The room cleanliness was the best I have ever seen. The hotel staff and restaurant staff were so pleasant andh helpful.

The location tof the Ames o all the attractions in Boston's downtown area was perfect. We could walk to Fanieul Hall and the Northend. Also the MBTA stop is right there as well as shopping in Downtown Crossing.

1 Thank maureen051
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Thank you so much! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. Hurry back, and bring your friends! Email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com whenever you’ll be back in Boston!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Turkish first
Knoxville
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I stayed at the Ames Hotel this past weekend to visit my college daughter with her aunts, uncle and cousins (10 and 13). First, the location is perfect. around the corner from Fanueill Hall and across the street from the old state house at Government Center T stop. It is a bit hard to find because it is so cool that it does not have a sign outside. Look for the Ames Building and you're there. The restaurant is very happening with great food and excellent service particularly if you are lucky enough to sit in Katherine's section. She made our chic reunion night super special. Emily at the front desk went over and beyond to help arrange fun things to do while we were there and Charles, the concierge has great connections and suggestions. Knowing what people will enjoy and creating experiences for them is a talent and he has it. So I was already planning on writing a rave review about how much fun we had and then my daughter became very ill (stomach virus) on what was supposed to be our last day. Emily and Charles helped get her to Mass General Hospital, extended our stay and arranged for the chef to make chicken broth and ginger ale for her to eat when we got home from the ER. They even called upstairs to check on her. Right down to the valet who remembered our names, the service was stellar. I had a much different experience at XV Beacon on one of our previous trips to Boston which I have also reviewed. Hands down..don't stay anywhere else but the Ames Hotel in Boston.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank LisaKnoxville
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, July 3, 2010
Fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I’m overjoyed that you truly enjoyed your stay, and that our team was able to make your weekend special. I shared this review with our entire staff. I’m glad that Emily and Charles were able to make you feel comfortable and help you when your daughter was ill. We all hope that she’s feeling better! Hopefully you can return soon to Boston and to Ames! Feel free to email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com whenever you’re back in town.
Hingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Unbelieveable room, great service, easy check-in/valet, great restraunt/bar called woodward in hotel lobby, comfortable bed, 42' plasma TV, best location in Boston; one minute walk to historical Fanueil Hall!!

3 Thank englebretsen
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review us! I hope you can get back to us again soon! Email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com so that I can take care of your reservation!
Southington, CT
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We have stayed at many properties in Boston, but none like the Ames. Our experience was exceptional throughout the stay. From the super-friendly valets who met us at the curb to the pleasant reception desk staff, we couldn't help but feel comfortable upon arrival. Once we got to the room, things got even better. The clean lines and cool decor set this hotel apart from the others in town. The wood floors give the room a clean, fresh feel and the glass bathroom is very unique.
We stayed on the 15th floor and found it to be very quiet, even with the minimal street noise.
I will definitely be sendinf friends and family to the Ames Hotel!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
This is so great! I love all the aspects of Ames that you mentioned; from the staff to the design, to the unique quality of the hotel. We try to create a magical experience for everyone, and it looks like we’ve done that with you! I can’t wait for you to come back again, and when you do, don’t forget to email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelroup.com.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We recently spent an extended weekend at the Ames. The hotel was perfect for our visit to Boston which included a tour of the Harbor Islands and a game at Fenway.

Located in the financial distinct, we could walk from the Ames to Faneuil Hall, North End, and the Long Wharf for lunch and dinner. The T stations were even closer. Couldn't be more convenient

The room was stylish, bed was wonderful, and the minibar was over-the-top. Easily one of the best rooms we've ever stayed in.

We have only good things to say about our stay at the historic Ames.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
What a great weekend! I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your getaway at Ames and that we were a part of your wonderful memory. We are America’s Walking City, and our location is perfect for getting to everything easily! I’m glad you enjoyed the decor of the room! Next year when you come back for another Red Sox game, feel free to email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com! Hopefully you can find a reason to visit us sooner!
upstate New York
Reviewed June 24, 2010

There was no sign on The Ames Hotel Building visible from our car and we drove past the hotel six times before my husband finally gave in and allowed me to ask for directions. The only sign is carved in stone on the building (same color as the building) too high to see while driving.

After we finally found the hotel we were pleasantly surprised by the attentiveness of all hotel employees. We were greeted on the street before entering the building and the door was held open for us. The front desk attendant was more than accomodating and even had someone retreive an item I had left in my car within minutes of my asking for it.

The room was trendy and modern and the bathroom was lovely. My only complaint regarding the actual room was that the windows do not appear to be well insulated as the wind noise did keep me awake a good portion of the night.

We only ate one meal at the restaurant and enjoyed the food and service. The location is ideal for seeing and experiencing all Boston has to offer.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your stay and your review! It sounds like you had a nice time in Boston. Please contact me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com when you are back in Boston!
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My wife and I were planning a night in Boston as a "getaway" and decided to try a different hotel apart from the standard Marriotts, Westin, etc. I had heard good things about Morgan hotels in the past so we took a shot with the Ames. We absolutely LOVED it and wished we could have stayed a few more nights. From the welcoming staff...to the top notch restaurant, to the very cool, comfortable room, we couldn't have had a better experience. I also loved being able to walk two minutes to Quincy Market for Sunday breakfast. The Ames will definitely be our Boston hotel of choice going forward.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Excellent news! I love when people want to stay longer! When you do return to Boston, feel free to contact me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com so that I can look after your reservation! Hurry back!