“Ames made our trip that much better!”

Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #40 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed June 1, 2010

This was my first time to Boston and I will stay at the Ames each time I return! The staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and to ensure we were comfortable. The location was amazing and the rooms were clean, stylish, and welcoming. I have never felt so at home at a hotel! Thank you Ames for making my trip that much better!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2010

The beginning of a beautiful relationship! I love that you said you felt at home here; that is so great to hear and so indicative of what we strive to do each day. Please contact me on your next trip and I’ll handle your reservations personally at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,585)

Reviewed June 1, 2010

I recently stayed at the ames hotel in Boston with my girlfriend over Memorial day weekend. As soon as we walked in we were greated with smiles and a free upgrade to our room! This doesn't happen often but was nice as a first impression. The staff was extremely helpful and knowledgable of restaraunts, the city and different attractions to see. I had also requested a late check-out the morning of our last day so that we could go on a tour and they offered me an even later check-out time than I had requested with out any problems. This to me said they were willing to accommodate my needs as much as possible which I appreciated greatly. I recommend this hotel to everyone deciding to travel to boston. The location is perfect, the rooms are clean and amazing with a very modern feel, and there are plenty of attractions within walking distance from the hotel which is always nice. The staff was unbelievable and very curteous always willing to help and I must say that any time I have friends or family traveling to boston I will recommend this hotel every time. I will definitely visit boston again and I will be sure to stay here. The price of a 2-3 star hotel, with the amenities, rooms and staff of a 5 star hotel...You cannot beat this place! You will be missing out if you pass this hotel up for some big name chain. They are an up and coming hotel in boston that will only continue to rise through their service and professionalism!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

It sounds like you had a wonderful getaway with your girlfriend and I’m happy that we were able to be a part of it! You highlighted all the wonderful things about Ames; the design, the staff, the location! Come back soon so that we can make more memories! Email me at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com next time you’re in Boston!

Reviewed May 29, 2010

Our stay at the Ames was so good we did not want to leave the hotel. The overall experience compares very favorably with the best luxury boutique hotels in the world. Service was impeccable. The location is quite central, and the associated restaurant serves fantastic food. The restaurant is also quite active late night. The rooms are quite simply perfect. Modern in design, but with enough classic touches to be warm. Having read the other reviews I have to say that they are reasonably accurate when it comes to noise levels. With that said, this is not a hotel for the type of person that is overly concerned with such things. If you want a great boutique hotel experience complete with nightlife, design, and cachet, then the Ames is the best possible choice. If you want a cookie cutter Ritz type experience, then by all means go there instead. For the quality, the price is reasonable too. For the same room in NYC you would have to pay at least 50% more.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you! I’m so glad you “get” us and the experience that we offer. Our building and our team is so unique and fun, and being at the center of the city makes us so accessible! Contact me on your next visit and I’ll handle your reservations personally at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com!

Reviewed May 28, 2010

My husband and I had a great time in Boston and at Ames until our 5th and last night. I'm reluctantly writing this review because I called Ames 2 weeks in advance of booking and spoke to the assistant manager, Nina, about Trip Advisor reviews regarding partying neighbors, noise from the street/subway, and room configurations. Nina could not have been more reassuring or accommodating. She upgraded our room and booked us on the top floor, which alleviated much of the street noise as well as from Woodward, the "hot" restaurant/bar at Ames which generated it's very own noise level all the way up to the 7th and 8th floor of the hotel (open access between Woodward, hotel lobby, and stairwells). I was also assured that the partying was an isolated incident and that security monitored the elevators and guest floors. I'm writing this review to say that we were disturbed by a party in the room next to us at 2 AM, and that it isn't an isolated incident if it happens more than once. Also, security didn't seem to know what to do, nor did the overnight staff seem get why we were so upset about offering US the option to move at 2:45 AM on our last night. Our room was comped for the night, as well as breakfast during our stay. After several e-mail exchanges with Nina, I wish them all the best on security and overnight staff improvements. Ames could be so much better than average.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Again please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel for your experience on your final night. I’m truly happy that you enjoyed the rest of your stay, and had it not been for the guests next door, it would have been perfect. This specific instance has been investigated and we do not expect another such incident to occur. We will continue to do our best to ensure that our guests are not disturbed by inconsiderate neighbors. Please don’t hesitate to contact me again should you ever need anything in the future at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com

Reviewed May 25, 2010

This is a perfectly priced hotel, and very chic, the staff (outside of the cleaning staff) are amazing and helpful... Its only down fall are the occasional "price-line" customer which has no clue and would be better off at a best western.... This is a hip hotel, for cool urbanites that are in Boston to see the town, paint it red, and look fabulous while doing it. People with kid's and bed times don't belong and should stay somewhere else. You want to see and be seen here, and not with diapers. The last thing, and I mean this, I want to see in a hotel of this caliper is a family with unruly brats. That said, would you please sort out the maid staff and get the rooms freshened before I get back after being gone for 24 hours .. fix those two things and you have the best hotel for the money in Boston... (NO MORE PRICE LINE)

2  Thank JoshuaSims

I’m glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope you had the chance to paint the town red while you were here! Let me know if I can help you out with future reservations here or at any of our other Morgans properties in New York, San Francisco, LA, London, or Miami at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com.

Reviewed May 17, 2010

So maybe it is me! I booked this hotel through Priceline decent rate for a 4 star (love the Taj however). Called on my way to the Ames from Acadia and asked specifically for a room away from the elevator. It took me 30 minutes to find the place beacuse there is no sign - when I called to get help the staff told me that it is a historic building - therefore no sign - please spare me! Once I arrived, the woman I spoke to informed me that my room was located in front of the elevator. And I actually spoke to her on the phone. Strike two! All i wanted was a quiet night. I was accommodated to a corner room on the top floor and the kitchen did provide me tea and toast at 11 pm tho no knife for the butter.!! At 3 am my next door neighbors came home and slammed the door twice and I kid you not - slammed. The doors are slammy anyway. That is certainly something they can correct. Went back to sleep and decided to dine in at the hotel - what a disaster - no one is in a hurry to help - From the time I was seated to the time i left it was 25 minutes - no food. I said that it felt like I was sitting there for 30 minutes and the waiter said no it was not it was 10-15 minutes! Actually it was 25 minutes. They were doing a photo shoot and the food for the photo shoot took precedence. That really sums up my opinion of the place - all about them not about the guest. The front desk person apologized and said that she was taking my tea off the bill and last laugh on me it was on my final bill after all. All flash and no cache! Loved the TAJ!!! Service extraordinaire!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank caralex
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2010

I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your experience with us. I’m happy that we were able to upgrade you and accommodate you in a corner room, and I apologize that your neighbors were inconsiderate in the wee hours of the morning. We tried our best to accommodate you in Woodward; sometimes a request from off the menu may take more than 15 minutes. I did attempt to remove any Woodward charges from your folio but I see that they were already removed. I’d love to invite you back, but in your own words we may not be the right fit for you. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance at nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com

Reviewed May 13, 2010

Our trip to Boston was made better as a result of our Ames stay. The staff bent over backwards to accomodate our every need. The location was fabulous the rooms were spacious and comfortable and a great TV. The front desk and concierge were able to make great restaurant recomendations.

• Stayed: May 2010
NinaSweet, Manager at Ames Boston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2010

Wow! Thank you thank you thank you! I’m so glad to hear that your visit to our little city was made better by staying here! We really try to make everyone feel special, and I’m so glad that you felt that way. Please email me next time you’re in Boston! Nina.sweet@morganshotelgroup.com