“Fantastic Baked Sweets” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: West Roxbury / Hyde Park / Roslindale
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic Baked Sweets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

First class fresh pastry and cakes. Well worth a 5 mile drive. Forget about counting calories.

The sub-shop next door (attached with passage through) is also first rate with good-sized freshly made sandwiches.

Visited January 2013

Hyde Park
“Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Waited. Over 5 minute until we sat ourselve down as the server was on the phone, food pricey, but good. Manager gave us a groupon lecture with attitude as the waitress messed up. Wrote the incorrect number, and I redem it after she wrote it down. Wait he kept saying he can get the number in adifferent means . So why the lecture..and lack pf proffesionalism!

2 Thank sthibodeau
Ft. Lauderdale
“Fabulous looking breads and pastries and the worst service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I havent been in West Roxbury in 7 years and thought to go to Hanley's which was a bakery there for years--- but instead I saw that it has become "Sugar" I went in and was very impressed by the cupcakes and other baked goods. There was a man behind the counter . He just stared at me , and didn't offer to help me. The prices were not on the goods and when I asked the prices of the cupcakes he pointed out a sign that said the prices for the cupcakes. when I inquired about other prices he was almost reluctant to answer me---- and when he did it seemed as if I was bothering him--- so I decided to leave--
It was raining and cold and I had parked two blocks away---- No one likes to be treated like that-- I went somewhere else!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank elmame
Boston
“Lovely array of tempting baked sweets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I want to come every day and eat my way through everything in the case! The coffee is good. There are many tables to sit at and a nice street view. Great place to sit and read the paper on a weekend morning.

roslindale ma
“Yummy Desserts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Sugar has a huge selection of pastrys!The cupcakes are yummy and so pretty! Rich cheesecake. You can't go wrong with any choice!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Sugar Bakery? Share your experiences!