“Enjoyable stay in Boston.”
Review of W Boston

W Boston
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Flew up for a leisure weekend and chose the W Boston. Nice, clean property. Comfortable room (stayed in Corner Suite). Helpful front desk staff and very pleasant bar servers at lobby lounge. Centrally located hotel with nice amenities. Loud lobby at night (as you would expect for a W Hotel). Would definitely return for future stays.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Hi Derek J,
Thank you for joing us for the weekend! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to Boston.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon, and hope you'll have a chance to experience bliss spa on your next visit -- it's a great way to relax on the weekend!
General Manager, W Boston

Write a ReviewReviews (1,777)

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Absolutely top notch staff from start to finish. Bojana (might be spelling it wrong) checked us in & was absolutely lovely, and the concierge went out of his way to book us a last minute brunch reservation at a spot he recommended that was astounding. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2014
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Hi Nfpardo,
Thank you for the fantastic review! Our team at W Boston is our greatest asset, and I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the fantastic services and suggestions that they provided.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

It is a quite expensive hotel (but in Boston all hotel are expensive!! ) but with Congress discount it was feasible. The bedroom was very good and I loved the cell phone charge they have there!! very well located , near Boston Common and subway. But they don´t have a swimming pool.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Hi Fabiana,
Thank you for joining us at W Boston! I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed our convenient location and technology upgrades in our hotel rooms. I look forward to welcoming you back to Boston on your next trip.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We completely enjoyed our trip to Boston. We arrived late after a long day and were upgraded to a larger room via starwoods membership. We were also given a ticket for a free drink at the bar which just characterized how nice all the staff were. We had drinks at the hotel bar, typical W bar scene, fun. Did have to send drink back as juice was rotten. We ate breakfast in the restaurant, which was good and quick. The hotel was central to everything. We took trolley tour around town and got on and off and felt we saw and did everything we wanted.

Room Tip: Rooms on the corners are larger.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Hi HLLO,

Thank you for your SPG loyalty, and for your review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the perks that come with SPG membership.
I appreciate your feedback regarding the juice, and have forwarded it along to our food & beverage team for review.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Boston on your next trip!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the W for two nights with our 11 month old and enjoyed our experience. Traveling with a pre toddler can be a challenge but the hotel was very accommodating by providing a pack n play free of charge. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and we enjoyed connecting our phone to the Bose speakers in the room. The only downside was that the bathroom sink was separated from the bedroom by a screen rather than a solid wall so it was hard to limit noise in the room if someone wanted to use the sink or get ready while our baby napped. Overall we enjoyed our visit and would definitely consider staying here again on a return visit.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Hi wanderinggypsy07,

Thank you so much for your review, and am so glad to hear you enjoyed our technology upgrades to the room -- I'm also a big fan of the Bose Bluetooth speakers!

On your next trip to Boston, I'd suggest requesting a room ending in 09, as these specific rooms do have solid walls between the bedroom and WC -- and a wide entrance to park the stroller! Just note your request in the reservation, or feel free to email me -- gmgurkirat.singh@whotels.com.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at the W hotel in Boston for a conference in late May. As I've come to expect the service at the hotel was top notch. The minute you arrive you are pampered. The bell staff always held the doors, and are quick with a good morning or offering to hail a cab. The check in staff were amazing they were helpful and courteous. Leyani was key when I ran into issues printing my boarding passes. Jamie at the lobby bar made a great cucumber margarita and was very helpful when I was trying to decide on which single malt Macallan to buy. The lobby bar is the place to go on the weekends before the night get into full swing. This hotel is hip and happening without seeming too pretentious or "hipster" like. I've stayed at W hotels in Chicago and San Francisco, I can say without reservation this was my best W hotel stay to date.

When you stay at a W hotel you feel like you matter.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank A_Standley

Hi A_Standley,

Thank you so much for your review -- it made my day! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our fantastic talent + green initiatives!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Boston on your next trip, and hope you'll have a chance to taste through more of our Macallan selections; the 18 Year Sherry Oak is a personal favorite.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at the W Boston for a night and I highly recommend the hotel. It's in a great location, has an energetic bar scene and great staff. Very modern, very clean and very comfortable beds. If it's close to your range, it's worth it

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Hi Kyle1112! Thanks for joining us at W Boston. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your night with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston.
All the best,