“Nice Hotel, great location”
Review of W Boston

W Boston
Ranked #28 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
toronto
“Nice Hotel, great location”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This hotel was very nice, rooms were very clean and boutique like. The location was great for walking to almost everything, Boston Common,theatre district, shopping, restaurants. We even walked to the aquarium and Quince Market.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hi Valerie B,

Thank you for joining us at W Boston. I'm glad you took full advantage of our theatre district location. I hope you'll have a chance to experience bliss spa on your next stay -- their pedicure is a treat after a long day of walking!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

General Manager, W Boston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lake Placid, New York, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have stayed at a few W hotels and each time they woo me. The hotel is always clean and the staff is super nice, but its the little things that make it. Here are a few. When you walk into your room you smell something --no its not the normal crappy room smell, they must infuse a scent into the air filter. Thunderbolt charger for iPad and iPhone and a slew of plugs everywhere. Free internet! nothing bugs me more than going into a 5 star hotel and having to be nickel and dimd for stuff. Overall great experience.

Room Tip: they will always upgrade you so don't pay full price.
Hi Andy D,

Thank you for your loyalty to W Hotels! We were so glad to welcome you to Boston. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed our new tech refreshes, like complimentary wifi for upgraded rooms and lots of outlets so you can refuel all your devices. We look forward to welcoming you back soon -- hope you'll have a chance to sample our new spring cocktails on your next visit!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The W Boston is a great property with all of the fine details and swanky accomodations you'd come to expect from a W hotel. Personally, I live in Las Vegas and work for another amazing property (who shall not be named) and felt like a total celebrity upon entering; as I know we aim to do in Las Vegas. From a hotelier's perspective, I'm pleased with the 3 emails I received while on property, the nice water at the front desk, the ear plugs and mask by the bed and the poem above the sink (K suite). Great service from a young med school student who had a lot of positive things to say about working there, happy employees make for happy guests, and a nice voicemail before I checked out asking about the status of my stay. Impressed and was happy to spend some $$$ at the lobby bar and enjoy the pretty crowd. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hi Autumn P,
Thank you for the great review -- it means a lot coming from a hospitality industry colleague! Great talent result in great stays, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at W Boston. I look forward to welcoming you back to Boston soon; hope you'll have a chance to try bliss spa on your next visit!
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I am very particular about the hotels I stay at but let me tell you that the W hotel is one of the best ones out there if not the best. The staff was very very helpful, the breakfast was amazing. I went to this hotel for a romantic getaway with my fiancé, overall I rate this hotel a 5/5 if I could go any higher I would.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 927 had an amazing view of Boston
1 Thank Xavier A
Hi Xavier! Your review made my day -- thank you. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your romantic escape, and look forward to welcoming you & your fiance back soon! (Remember, we do weddings!)
Gurki
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Just back from running the Boston marathon - I stayed 3 nights at W Boston and it was wonderful. The location was perfect, the staff always friendly and helpful, the room was great. But what impressed me the most was the superb reception we were given when we hobbled back from the finish line. There were endless free smoothies being made by staff and handed out at the entrance, bags of nuts and trail mix for anyone who wanted some and even laurel wreaths for the exhausted runners to wear. I've run a few marathons now - but never had such a great reception for guests and non guests alike. A huge thank you again from London.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Hi Sophie W,

Thank you for your wonderful review; I'm thrilled to hear that your post-marathon welcome back was so memorable! We are here for you 24/7, pls do reach out if we can assist with anything. Hope to see you next April, if not sooner!

General Manager, W Boston

ps: I suggest booking the Extreme Sports Massage at bliss spa for your next stay!
Boston MA
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were very impressed with the staff (everyone of them that we came in contact with). We were there for the weekend for The Boston Marathon. They had a lot of special amenities for the runners and guests. Even the hotel was lit up outside in Marathon colors. Inside, the hotel is beautiful. The lobby and lounge have a great atmosphere and it was a nice place to celebrate after the Marathon with great drinks and delicious small plate menu. There are many beautiful hotels, but the W shines, thanks to the well trained staff and atmosphere. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their jobs. It is the perfect location for the Theater and all the attractions Boston has to offer.

Room Tip: We were on the 14th floor, front of the building. This is a city and we heard traffic and sirens du...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi Travelbuddies109,
Your review made my day! Marathon Weekend is a very special time of the year in Boston, and I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed celebrating with all of us at W Boston. Our team and I look forward to welcoming you back next year, if not sooner!
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2014

A friend of mine and I stayed here for 2 nights for the Red Sox opening weekend. I was lucky enough to snatch up a Cash & Points rate for one night, and I booked a AAA rate for the second. The service at this hotel is excellent. I always hear people describe W hotels as "pretentious," but I have yet to experience that at any W for myself. The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating. I'm SPG gold, so we were upgraded to a "spectacular" room, though we did not get a view because we checked in around noon, which was fine by us, we just needed to rest before heading to the game. The breakfast was top notch, as we were given a breakfast voucher in exchange for the valet parking that was included with our rate. The food & drinks at the bar/lounge are W-pricey, but that's expected. No in-room coffee, but it's complimentary in the lobby.

Though I had planned to check out the spa, it was fully booked through the weekend. I was going to make an advance reservation, but the lady I spoke with from the hotel said it wasn't necessary (minus 1/10 of a point for that), but not a big deal for me. If you want a spa treatment though, I'd say go ahead and make a reservation for it in advance.

The room itself was very comfortable. The W has excellent bedding. The mini bar / munchie box is pretty outrageous ($10 for M&Ms!!) but $8 for a Heineken wasn't terrible. Everything was well laid out and easy enough to figure out. They have convenient AV inputs for the TV, and they brought us an HDMI cable within 5 minutes.

Overall, we had a great experience at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Hi Joey P!
Thank you for the great review, and your loyalty to SPG! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at W Boston. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon -- hopefully we can fit in the bliss spa experience on your next trip, as it really is phenomenal. Please let us know if you would like a Keurig waiting for you in your room on your next stay! It's a complimentary service we are happy to provide.

All the best,