“What an experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Los Angeles, California
“What an experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I was back east last month when the east coast got hammered with one the of many winter storms they've endured in 2014. I had two flights delayed to Boston and the third one was delayed three times. Needless to say when I arrived at The W Hotel in Boston, all I wanted to was crawl into bed and die. I was greeted at the front desk by Azra; hands down one of the friendliest hotel receptionists I've ever met. She checked me quickly and after hearing of my horrific travels said, "I've added a $30 credit to your account, please enjoy a bite of food and drink on us after your day!" I was this close to jumping over the desk and giving her a bear hug. I went up to my room and put everything away and went downstairs and had a nice dinner along with a couple of glasses of wine. I have to say it was JUST what I needed because I had a huge presentation the next day and I was soon in a food coma and fast asleep. After a spectacular night's rest, I drove to New Hampshire and slam dunked my presentation! Upon arriving back at the hotel, I checked into the front desk to ask for dinner recommendations. I was greeted by a VERY helpful woman named Courtney. You want to talk about someone who takes her job seriously, but is incredibly professional and has a smile that makes your worst days go away. Courtney made some great dinner recommendations and even went above and beyond and made some phone calls for me. Spectacular service by her. I've stayed at The W Hotel before, but having customer service like that will only cement my relationship with The W Hotel every time I come to Boston for work. Exceptional experience ... thanks The W Boston!!

Room Tip: I had a room off the main street that I thought would be noisy, but it was anything but that. Great...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Hi SoCal_Bear_2014, Thank you for your glowing review, and for joining us at W Boston! I am so glad to hear your feedback regarding Azra + Courtney: a warm welcome is always waiting for you at W Boston, but is perhaps most appreciated in the midst of a cold snowstorm.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon -- hope you're able to fit in a bliss spa experience on the next stay!

General Manager, W Boston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My BF and I recently stayed at the W Boston. I bought tickets to Rain (Beatles tribute band) that was playing at the Wang Theater for one of his Christmas presents (along with a one night stay at the W Hotel)
We live only 10 miles outside the city, so we frequent Boston all the time. We thoroughly enjoyed our one night at this hotel.
The concierge, Guillermo was fantastic. His attention to detail, his professionalism and warmth is just what every hotel needs. I see this young man going far in the hospitality industry.
The rooms are very contemporary--with a very comfy bed, lovely bathroom, walk in shower and robes. If I could offer some advice, the nicks and dings in the walls and desk/bureau need to be addressed, as in the light of day, makes the room look very worn and tired.
I do find the layout of the rooms a bit strange. You walk in to a very large foyer, with a mural on the wall (could actually be used as a small sitting area--but no chairs or seating). The largeness cuts into the size of the actual room. I'm not sure the reasoning behind this.
The views from the large windows is okay--but overlooks dingy buildings.
The bed was super comfy. They offer bottles of water free of charge and a very expensive snack and drink selection in the mini bar
Front desk staff were lovely--helpful (did not use them much as we only stayed one night)
The W Bar is busy and very lively at night. Drinks are great--very expensive. Servers are excellent. I spilled my glass of sparkling rose wine and it was refilled free of charge.
Definitely get the herbed french fries for a cocktail snack--absolutely awesome
We had lunch the following day at the bar (missed brunch)-terrible bloody mary (they had no worcestershire sauce). It was almost undrinkable. Strange, as the drinks the previous night were great
All in all, I would stay again. It's in a bit of a sketchy neighborhood, so venturing around far from the hotel at night probably not a great idea

Hi KK66,
Thank you for your thorough review, and for joining us at W Boston! To quote a Paul McCartney song, "That Means a Lot," and I am thrilled to hear your feedback regarding Guillermo -- he is a true asset to our team.
I appreciate your feedback regarding drinks and the room condition, and will take it into account as we continue to improve our spaces. We're currently addressing the walls + bureaus, a project our Engineering team is working on this month.
General Manager, W Boston
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Love the brand, had issues at check in with my King Size Bed Reserved Room, was given two queens instead, no biggie, got a higher floor and a credit of 50$ which came in handy cause it snowed like crazy. Love the location, took notes for my next time. I will visit in the spring!

1 Thank BAG10028
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hi BAG10028! Thanks for the great review, and your loyalty to W Hotels. We appreciate your understanding regarding the bed situation. I hope you enjoyed getting snowed in at W Boston, and look forward to welcoming you back in warmer weather this spring! Next visit, I hope you'll have time to take advantage of bliss spa.
Fairfield, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Just returned from Boston - fabulous stay at the W Boston. Staff was attentive. Doormen/bellmen - very personable. One gave us a great dining tip - Abbey Lane restaurant is adjacent to hotel. Rooms were chic - very design forward - and very comfortable too! Very quiet rooms and large bathrooms with Bliss bath products. Lobby was a hot spot - more like a bar/lounge setting with intimate areas and even a cool fireplace. Music and lounge like sofas attract couples, business people and some families to the lobby setting. The drinks and appetizers we tried were excellent too. Many hotels like this come across pretentious - here was not the case. The service was warm and personable. Guerimo, the concierge, really made our stay terrific - we had to leave during rush hour traffic - he ensured our car was OK and luggage was held (although 1 piece was misplaced...so do check you have all your bags even if you are rushed...) so we could relax in the lobby during peak Boston rush hour traffic. He even offered to order food for us when a sudden downpour occurred so we couldn't head to a nearby sushi restaurant. We could tell he cared. The only nit was breakfast - while it was delicious - and we had a breakfast package included in our room rate - the waiter after we had drinks poured informed us that our drinks were not part of our room rate...and then it was a bit nit picky about what vegetable could be in my omelette (ie they would charge an extra $1 for a different vegetable.) For such a nice property to get nit picky over a vegetable seemed a bit silly - the waiter should make it clear what is included too before beverages are poured. However, we did love the location (near theater, Boston Commons and many nearby colleges) - and the staff overall was service with a smile!

Room Tip: Higher floor back side of hotel - quiet and some have a great partial view of the city; book Bliss s...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Travel4ever10! Thanks for the rave review. I'm gald to hear you enjoyed your experience with us, and that Guillermo took the time to exceed your expectations. I appreciate your feedback regarding your breakfast experience as well.
If you enjoyed the bliss sinkside bath products, I hope you'll have the chance to visit our bliss spa on your next visit! And if you tend to drive in, our website features a special AAA rate, which is a fantastic deal that includes parking!
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great hotel if your going for a weekend in Boston, the location is perfect for me as I was visiting friends and it was around all the clubs and near my friends houses. I liked the hotel, the room was a bit small but it was clean and I hardly spent time in the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi kkashmiri, Thank you for review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our urban, central location.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and hope you'll have a chance to take advantage of our in-hotel perks (like FIT gym and bliss spa) on your next stay.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband received tickets to a show in Boston for his Birthday so we decided to make a mini-getaway of the occasion. We stayed at the W Hotel partly because we frequently stay at Starwood hotels, but had never tried a W. Also the hotel is located in the Theater District and it is also a short walk to the Park Square area and the Boston Common/Public Gardens. Great location to walk to many parts of Boston.

The W hotels have a really modern sleek, styling in architecture, furnishings, everything has a spare, sleek, minimalist style. The lobby bar area and check in area are right next to each other and it is not a large area, very interesting styling though. There is also a smallish restaurant in the lobby area too. We had a very nice sit down, order from the menu (no buffet - hurray!), breakfast there the following morning.

The rate we chose included parking. The valet was very courteous and helpful. The check in process was also very smooth. The reservations staff person was very friendly and helpful. The rate that we chose included two complimentary cocktails, breakfast and parking. Our room was on the 9th floor, as I had asked for a high floor. The hotel is 14 or 15 floors I believe. There is also a nice spa and work out room in the hotel. We did not take advantage of these.

The room was very spacious and nicely designed in keeping with the sleek look. the bathroom area was large and very nice. Plenty of towels and amenities. It even had a large lighted magnifying make-up mirror!! I was so excited about this! Finally a hotel that caters to those of us at a certain age that need this for applying make-up!!! Five stars just for having the smarts to do this! I did have to put it on top of the Kleenex box so it was at a better height. Hotels still have to figure out that one which is attached to the wall on an extending arm would be best. I am still waiting for that one. The bed was very comfortable and the TV was almost large enough to suit the size of the room. It had floor to ceiling windows which was nice. A Street view which is fine in a city. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable - nothing extra posh or fancy but very nice. There was even a bottle of free water, which you don't often get. They did do some little extra things that demonstrated attentiveness. There was a handwritten welcome note that was personalized to us. Just before we left to go down to collect on our cocktail before the show, a hotel staff person came to the door with "amenities" for us - a (another) bottle of water and large chocolate covered pretzel. Nice touch really.

Overall, it was a very nice stay at a very nice, modern hotel. I would rate the hotel itself as a bit better than average overall. I would rate the service and the staff as terrific. Every staff member we interacted with were very attentive and genuinely interested in helping to make our stay special. You don't always encounter that at hotels. We would stay here again, if we could get a good rate like we did this time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor to escape street noise
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Cleo214! Thanks for your thorough review. I'm glad to hear that your theatre district weekend was so enjoyable. It sounds like there were some fun surprise + delight moments to your stay, which is what we're known for at W Boston.
I'd love to hear how we can take your stay from Average to Excellent -- please feel free to contact me at gmgurkirat.singh@whotels.com if I can be of assistance in the future.
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I recently stayed for President's Day Weekend. The rooms were typical for the W - clean and sheek. Hotel was impressive and definitely a hot spot for people looking for drinks and dinner. What made the stay stand out was the service. Behind the scenes, Helen and Jillian helped sort out various inquiries and were helpful at all times. I would highly recommend staying at the W in Boston due to the service.

1 Thank TAhm10003
GMGurkiSingh, General Manager at W Boston, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Hi TAhm10003, Thank you for the fantastic review. I am thrilled that you had such great interactions with the W talent during your stay. We are here for you 24/7, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!