“Good clam chowder”

Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Exhausted after our flight to the US, my family and I sought refreshment in Max and Dylans in Charlestown and were pleasantly surprised by the experience. Despite being Sat night, the restaurant was quiet around 6pm so we had time to consider the varied menu and selected the clam chowder and cobb salad followed by scallops and sliders. The chowder was a particular hit, as was the childrens meal our daughter devoured (at least until fatigue got the better of her). The staff were attentive but not intrusive helping to make a pleasant evening.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I ate here once on my own and once with colleagues while visiting the area. I was very happy with the service and food both times. There is a bar and a restaurant and I ate in the restaurant both times but bar looked nice and seemed busy.

1  Thank timt1961
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Went after lunch crowd on a Saturday for snacks and Bloody Marys. The drinks were great! Made to order so we had some spicy and some mild. We ordered a variety of food and everything was good. Dumplings, steak & cheese egg rolls, lobster roll. All good. My fav was the drinks!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Food is about what you would expect from an average american-style restaurant; a bit on the expensive side (you pay the proximity to hotels typically used for business stays). Waiting is definitely well below average; inexperienced waiters, who have troubles bringing glasses to the tables without spilling the contents; wrong orders, and so on...

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was travelling on business and arrived late. The kitchen was moments from closing, but they took a quick order and fed me. I cannot tell you how greatful I was. I sat at the bar, which was spacious with tables for groups. I could see there was a number of dining areas. Two staff members at the bar were pleasant and friendly. I enjoyed the chowder and a salad. The menu was quite extensive. They had a number of tap and bottled beers for selection, as well as wine and mixed drinks. I hope I get back to the area to explore more of their menu.