“Nice Tasting!”

and up
Boston Brewery Tour plus Lunch or Dinner
Ranked #30 of 392 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Please come and visit the brewery! Rich and Dan started Harpoon to make great beer and welcome beer lovers. That founding spirit lives on every day as we pour pints in the Beer Hall, take visitors on brewery tours, and share our passion for beer with fellow beer lovers.
pembroke pines
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice Tasting!”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We were there during the week so there were no tours available but the tasting was fun! You go to drink their yummy beer for about an hour! Recommend to anyone! Over 21 of coarse :)

• Hebrew first
Orlando
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The best $5 spent!”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We got straight off the Provincetown ferry to the brewery because the tickets were gonna get sold out. As we hustled over there, it was like watching PiedPiper rats flock, except they were beer lovers to the brewery. We got in line. waited a few moments. They asked what time slot we wanted (the current one was already booked). We took the latest one, which the people before us took the soonest one about 45 minutes later. We paid with a credit card. We already explored the harbor area, so we ventured to find a place to stay for the night. We called about an hour before to see if they could store our bags. We were informed that our slot was very sold out. Thank goodness we got our tickets early! Upon returning, the assistant manager, Ryan, graciously found a place to stash our bags (we had a pair of carryons. Don't assume they'll hold your steamer trunk!). The people we walked up with the second time were very disappointed that there was no room on the tour for them (bc it was sold out an hour ago!). And there is no formal bar to just buy a drink since you made the trip. Sucks for them. We waited in a crowded merch store/bar room. Growlers were a very very popular souvenier bc I guess Massachusettes has some wonky booze laws. When we finally went on the tour, it was quick and pleasant enough. The hosts were young and tried to be entertaining. But to be honest, no one came for the tour, we came to drink. And drink we did!! I'd like to thank one of the staff for his delicious cask ale concoction.. I'm very sorry that it was a one off. So good! My bf enjoyed several fruit hefs before deciding Leviathan Rye was the one for him. There was a free tasting glass to take home, but we left those (hope they reuse/recycle!) and I bought a proper glass. Those backpacks on the way back to the bus/subways felt feather light as we happily left the brewery with our tummy content.

1 Thank samabadoll
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best brew tours I've been on...and I worked at a brewery”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I love brewery tours and Harpoon was one of the best brewery tours I've been on. Not only do you get to taste their IPA right out of the primary fermentation tank, something I've never done on a tour, but at the very end you get a generous amount of sampling. Their cider is the best I've ever had and they recommend mixing it with another one of their beers (can't remember at the moment) but it taste like you're drinking apple pie. So great and its free!

Visited October 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Lots of Beer and Some Learning”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This tour was informative. It covered very similar topics to the Sam Adams Tour but also had more about bottling, etc. since its a larger brewery.

There is definitely more beer included. They give you a sample as soon as the tour starts. Then, another sample is taken right from one of the fermentation tanks (green beer). Finally, there is about 15 minutes of free-for-all drinking at the very end. It was less structured tasting, but they have a lot of options on tap.

I am a huge fan of Harpoon, especially the UFO Pumpkin, after taking this tour.

Visited August 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good classic brewery tour”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

All 6 in my group thought this was way better than the Sam Adams tour. More authentic to the real beer geek. But I guess thats what its all about. Plus, they give you more beer... much more beer. They give a few during the tour, then you have 30 mins of free tap time after.