“Awesome Brewery!”

and up
Boston Brewery Tour plus Lunch or Dinner
Ranked #31 of 403 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Please come and visit the brewery! Rich and Dan started Harpoon to make great beer and welcome beer lovers. That founding spirit lives on every day as we pour pints in the Beer Hall, take visitors on brewery tours, and share our passion for beer with fellow beer lovers.
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband, mother, and a friend went to the Brewery on Sunday. We arrived around 12, made a reservation for the 1:30 tour, and made a trip downtown for lunch prior to the tour. The tour started on time from the tasting room. Your glass is filled when the tour begins and then once more during the tour. They tour guides were very knowledgeable and did a great job giving a tour of the facilities. The tour lasted about 20-25 minutes and then you have 30 minutes in the tasting room to try all the beers they have available on tap (probably around 12 different ones) You can try as many as you want within the 30 minutes.

We had a great time on the tour, and I highly recommend visiting the brewery while in Boston.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

Went for the tour on a Saturday afternoon. Got there at 2 and got tix for the 3pm tour. They fill up fast! Tour was informative and it was really cool seeing the inside workings of a brewery. The tasting was great, I tried everything, but the UFO White was by far my favorite! Totally worth the $5 tour fee and be prepared to leave a little trashed! Good people and I would go back and do it again!!

1  Thank WheatenMom
Reviewed May 14, 2011

My wife and I decided to head to the airport a few hours early and head down to the brewery. They only run tours on the weekend and the website says the sell out often, so we picked up our tickets for the Noon tour around 11. We headed to the airport to drop off our rental car, check in and check our bags. Then, we took the bus back to the brewery. It's less than 10 minutes d2d from the airport as long as you can figure out how to get on the right bus. Silver line to World Trade Center - I think. $2 each way.

Tour was great - 30 minutes walking through the brewery with tour guides who actually work in the brewery. The guides are very approachable and really nice.

The 2nd 30 minutes is drinking all their beers! My wife and I had a great time talking to the guides and trying all the different types of beer. Well worth the $5!

Reviewed April 22, 2011

Great brewery with a laid back atmosphere. Luke was great! We didn't get to do a tour (tours are only done on the weekend) but we got plenty of beer samples. We sampled 11 different types of brews. Try the Apple Cider if they have it, tastes like champagne without all the bubbles. The tour is free durning the week and $5 on the weekend.

The brewery is located in the Seaport area of Boston and has lots of good restaurants nearby. Next time I think I'll take the 4:00 tour and then walk to one of the local restaurants. This is a MUST DO while in Boston.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

We arrived early on a Sunday (11:15a.m.) and were able to grab a spot in the first tour of the day at 12p.m. We didn't really know where to go close by with only 45 min. before the tour started, so I started shopping and my husband started talking. Before I knew it, we were already being poured some of the beers to try. By the time the tour started, I was already feeling pretty good as it doesn't take much for me. I was at the end of the line and soon I looked around and my husband was no where to be found. Apparently Roger (pretty sure of his name but considering my husband and I are 50plus we forget names very easily.), one of our awesome tour guides, had taken my husband behind the scenes to show him their water purification system and their cold storage tanks. This was very interesting to my husband as he is in the water treatment business.

After the tour as others have said, you get to taste a large selection of the Harpoon beers. I especially liked the UFO beers while my husband leaned more towards the IPA beer and the Leviathan series which were a little stronger. I'm hoping we will have luck finding some of these at our local Specs store.

After the tour was over I made sure to purchase a t-shirt so I could remember the good time that was had. We followed some nice young adults that had been in the tour to the No Name restaurant right down the street. Upon leaving there, I left my t-shirt in the restroom. I was lucky enough to retrieve it so after leaving it once my husband asked me did I want him to carry it in his jacket. I took him up on this as I thought he had a big inside pocket to put it in but if fact all he had done was place it under his jacket and then under his arm. Well you have to know my husband to know that he cannot talk without using his hands so it was not long before that t-shirt went missing. We called Harpoon Brewery the next day, and Corey Johnson happily replaced it. Thank you Corey!! I received it today in the mail. This is how nice the people are at this brewery.

One last piece of information about this tour that may be helpful. To get there you definitely need to take the Silver Line but we had no idea which one so we finally just jumped on the one going to airport. We decided to get off at The World Trade Center stop and just walk the rest of the way. To our luck we couldn't have been closer. We walked one block closer to the water, looked down to the right and there was the brewery on the left. Had to walk to the other side to get in but it wasn't far at all.

Thank you to Roger and Amanda who conducted the tour and to everyone else involved. We will be back if we come to Boston area again

1  Thank bigthicket