Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Interesting Site Near Back Bay

The entire place was immaculate, very well coordinated and admission very reasonable ($5 for... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
1437travel
Glass globe

A Christian Science experience. The globe was Amazing and they did a short show that highlighted... read more

Reviewed September 8, 2021
CMsenior
East Chicago, Indiana

Recommended experiences in and around Boston
from $76.00
from $49.35
from $36.71
from $27.00
More Info
All reviews christian science stained glass globe the mary baker eddy library whispering gallery unique experience cool experience acoustics church perspective admission
Selected filters
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

A unique exhibit. A stunning stained glass globe, it gives a really good view of the 1935 world. The chamber itself feels unique, and has interesting acoustics.

All visits are by guided tour and the tour guides enthusiasm showed. Tour lasts about 20 minutes and is great value.

Date of experience: November 2018
2  Thank stephenb522015
Reviewed November 5, 2018

I love stained glass and I ador maps! For me it was perfect! One thing that disappointed me was the fact that it´s forbbiden to take pictures inside.

2  Thank Leilaroldan
Reviewed November 5, 2018

This is well worth a visit. Tucked inside the Christian Science building, this is a unique experience.

1  Thank julieth534
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Student price: $4, totally worth it! I had never experienced anything like the Mapparium. I loved it! So cool! The acoustics are crazyyyyy. My friend and I stood on opposite ends and whispered, and we heard each other perfectly! So fun. Love the selfie wall. Crazy to see how the world has changed so much in only 85 years! Yugoslavia and Soviet Union. Great presentation, and fun for kids I’d think! Especially if they know some geography to show them the differences. No north pole though, so be careful with kids. Very nice bathroom too. They have a coat rack too.

Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

The Mapparium is inside the Mary Baker Eddy Library. To see inside we had to purchase tickets for the tour. I happen to find a Groupon for the tour before we came. I’m glad I did because the regular admission price didn’t seem to justify the short amount of time we spent in the Mapparium. We bought the Groupon for $13 for 4 people.

Inside the Mapparium, it is small but very cool. The acoustics were awesome too.
No pictures are allowed unfortunately. (They do have a background board of the inside so when you’re finished viewing the Mapparium,you can take photos in front of the board).

Date of experience: April 2018