Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Beautiful Globe

Beautiful exhibit showcasing global connectivity. A tour guide leads your into the room where the... read more

Reviewed October 23, 2022
KTMacc
Beautiful and Unique

This is such a unique experience! The docent was personable and helped us enjoy the Mapparium to... read more

Reviewed September 26, 2022
84teacher
Toccoa, Georgia

Recommended experiences in and around Boston
from $69.00
from $50.40
from $44.79
from $33.34
More Info
All reviews christian science stained glass globe the mary baker eddy library three story giant globe unique experience light show cool experience minute tour geography boundaries bridge admission docent
Selected filters
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

A unique exhibit. A stunning stained glass globe, it gives a really good view of the 1935 world. The chamber itself feels unique, and has interesting acoustics.

All visits are by guided tour and the tour guides enthusiasm showed. Tour lasts about 20 minutes and is great value.

Date of experience: November 2018
2  Thank stephenb522015
Reviewed November 5, 2018

I love stained glass and I ador maps! For me it was perfect! One thing that disappointed me was the fact that it´s forbbiden to take pictures inside.

2  Thank Leilaroldan
Reviewed November 5, 2018

This is well worth a visit. Tucked inside the Christian Science building, this is a unique experience.

1  Thank julieth534
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Student price: $4, totally worth it! I had never experienced anything like the Mapparium. I loved it! So cool! The acoustics are crazyyyyy. My friend and I stood on opposite ends and whispered, and we heard each other perfectly! So fun. Love the selfie wall. Crazy to see how the world has changed so much in only 85 years! Yugoslavia and Soviet Union. Great presentation, and fun for kids I’d think! Especially if they know some geography to show them the differences. No north pole though, so be careful with kids. Very nice bathroom too. They have a coat rack too.

Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

The Mapparium is inside the Mary Baker Eddy Library. To see inside we had to purchase tickets for the tour. I happen to find a Groupon for the tour before we came. I’m glad I did because the regular admission price didn’t seem to justify the short amount of time we spent in the Mapparium. We bought the Groupon for $13 for 4 people.

Inside the Mapparium, it is small but very cool. The acoustics were awesome too.
No pictures are allowed unfortunately. (They do have a background board of the inside so when you’re finished viewing the Mapparium,you can take photos in front of the board).

Date of experience: April 2018