“So wickedly yummy!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Located on the waterfront in downtown Boston, James Hook & Co is the go-to place for delicious, high-quality lobster and seafood. We are a third generation family business, and have been selling lobster since 1925. James Hook & Co has earned a reputation for the finest lobster in town, even earning the Best Lobster award from Boston Magazine.
Atlanta, Georgia
“So wickedly yummy!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This isn't your average sit down and dine type of establishment! There known for lobsters and they do a hell of a job!! Hands down this is by far some of the best lobster I've ever had. Anytime I'm in town I have to a least stop in and get the lobster roll and some of the clam chowder.

2 Thank Sox1908

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Canandaigua, New York
“Lobster roll, SO YUMMY”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is not a sit-down restaurant with many options. No, this is a shack that has few things on the menu that they excel at! The lobster roll I order was AMAZING. Highly recommend to everybody visiting Boston who loves seafood!

3 Thank Hashbrown719
“Go here for the lobster roll...”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

There's nothing pretentious about this place. What they do, they do well. I had the lobster roll, and it was amazing. Highly recommend you stop in.

2 Thank SteveCornell
Boston, Massachusetts
“My husband now thinks I'm a great cook!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I come to James Hook & Company to buy salmon every Monday. My husband thinks I make the best salmon in Boston, better than he has ever had in a restaurant. The greatest part is I don't even do anything! I pour on a little marinade and through it in the oven. The fish is so fresh and tasty there it doesn't need any fancy tricks to be the best tasting around. Today we got some of the sushi grade tuna and wow is it good. I am so lucky to live close enough to be able to come here on a weekly basis! Another thing I love about this place is the friendly service. They always remember me which I really like. I can not recommend this place enough. If you have been eating grocery store fish, it's time for a change!

1 Thank TrinityNL
Earth, Texas
“Great fresh Lobster right from the tank”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We went here because of the good reviews on TA. It is not a restaurant, just a no-frills shack on a parking lot close to the Old Northern Avenue Bridge. They have only a handful of small bistro-style tables and the service is grumpy at best. But the lobster was fresh and tasted excellent. I have not eaten a better lobster in Boston, even in the best restaurants. Also the price is right. Two 1 1/2 pound lobsters for 40$. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014

Been to James Hook & Company? Share your experiences!