“A great surprise after a long day”

D'Amelio's Off the Boat Italian & Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Boston / Logan Airport
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our Logan Airport hotel recommended Off the Boat when we asked for a nearby place with Lobster Rolls. He quickly called Off the Boat and they confirmed they had them so we caught the hotel shuttle .... with a good bit of skepticism. What a great surprise!!

A bit small (less than 15 tables) but the plates we saw being delivered to a few tables looked promising. They sat our table of 5 quickly. We received many recommendations (at least 6) and ultimately decided on Fruit Di Mare --- think of all the shellfish you can that's what you get over linguini in marinara sauce ... OUTSTANDING!!

Great service, great personality, and an awesome meal. Definitely will be back.

3  Thank AlphaBill

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I'm from NYC but visit Boston quite often and looking to try a new Italian restaurant other than the North End. I read the reviews on line and decided to give it a shot. I knew the tunnel was closed so my friend and I decided to take the train there. It's only a 5 minute train ride from the hotel and then about a 10 minute walk. Thank God we went for lunch and not at night for dinner because the area is a little on the seedy side, at least I thought so, and the streets are quite dirty that we had to walk down. We entered and were greeted very warmly. We both shared the calamari with hot peppers appetizer and it was very good. I had Fusilli Angelo which had shrimp, scallops, lobster, broccoli rabe with garlic and homemade fusilli. It was delicious. My friend had Fusilli Marchi which is a similar dish but with crab meat. I recommend this place but wouldn't take public transportation at night where you would have to walk in the dark.

2  Thank LisaNewYork
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Was in East Boston to drop off a friend at the airport, it was early evening not to sit in traffic we decided to have dinner. D’amelio’s Off the Boat popped up, based on its good reviews we gave it a shot. It was a Tuesday night at 5 pm when we walked in we were the only customers but by 6 pm the place filled up. Service was friendly and attentive. I started with a cesear salad, it was one of the best ones I have had; I asked the waitress if they made their own dressing which they did. My friend had the seafood meatballs LOL no meat made with seafood, I tried some can taste the shrimp and calamari in them and the red sauce was just right. For dinner I ordered the pan seared sea bass with a vermouth sauce over brown rice and my friend ordered the grilled misto it had shrimp, calamari, scallop, lobster tail and calamari over a salad. We both were very happy with our choices. Of course we had to try dessert since everything we got was perfect so we shared a lemoncello cake it was a perfect way to end our dinner

1  Thank Christina P
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Went with my husband for the first time last night. OMG had the fried calamari which was cooked just right with hot cherry peppers. I ordered the seafood Alexia which had the homemade fusilli with seafood in a white wine cream sauce it was perfect. My husband orderd the Veal chop which was the dinner special stuffed with cheese with a marsal fig sauce and bourbon sweet mashed potoates the tast, which I tried and boy that was just as good. We were too full for dessert. Cant wait to go back

1  Thank ABillyO
Reviewed January 15, 2014

It wasn't easy getting to this restaurant since there is a tunnel closed in Boston. So our taxi had to take us the long way. $76 later we arrived but the food was outstanding.

1  Thank ETJ3822