“As advertised on Facebook.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of D'Amelio's Off the Boat Italian & Seafood Restaurant - MOVED

D'Amelio's Off the Boat Italian & Seafood Restaurant
28 Porter Street, Boston, MA 02151 (East Boston / Logan Airport)
+1 617-561-8800
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: East Boston / Logan Airport
DC
“As advertised on Facebook.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Whenever I travel I use and submit reviews to places I have went to visit, this being said I was guided to this place through the reviews here on TA. I picked my wife up at the airport and decided to stop here and wait out rush hour as well. We had made reservations so glad we did since the place is small and cozy and there were plenty waiting that did not have reservations. Plenty of 2 hour street parking right in the area.

Kristin was our waitress and she was wonderful she guided us through the menu and gave us many ideas. Her service was awesome.My wife got two glasses of white wine very generous glasses. We decided to get the grilled calamari with a fra diavolo sauce. It was very tasty, a little to spicy for me but we decided this sauce over tomato or marinara. Plenty of great appetizers to choose from. My wife got the chicken francese with a side salad and I got the vincenzo which is linguini with scallops,shrimp,clams and fish in a white wine sauce. We also got a side of broccolli rabe which is my favorite vegetable.
The servings were healthy and the dishes were very tasty and prepared fresh and with great pride. This place is a a gem. Great atmosphere, quiet, superb food. This is a must visit! We hope you get to enjoy this place like we did! There is a reason this place ranks so high!

Thnak you all for those that submit reviews and help all of us out! It does make a difference.

• Visited January 2013
6 Thank hyperboy

California
“Gem of a restaurant, tucked away in East Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was picking my parents up at Logan Airport right at 5:00. There was no way I was going to brave Boston traffic for the long ride home right in the middle of rush hour, so I looked online for an interesting restaurant. I found this little gem right here on Trip Advisor! It's located about a mile outside of the airport and has plenty of on-street parking, and there is a public parking lot directly behind the restaurant, which was free (after 5:00, anyway). The restaurant is cozy and warm, and the menu is spectacular. There were so many delicious-sounding meals that we all had a hard time deciding! I had fresh, homemade pappardelle pasta with grilled shrimp and lobster meat in a spicy olive oil. The pasta was fresh and perfectly cooked and the seafood was just right. My mom had the Penne Cantante with scallops, shrimp, and grilled lobster tail (also delcious!) and my Dad had the Fruit di Mare, which was a huge platter of seafood and fish, all fresh and wonderfully prepared. I ordered a cappucino at the end of my meal, and it was delicious. The milk was so frothy I thought that it was topped with whipped cream! The meal isn't inexpensive, but it was worth every penny. Welcoming atmosphere, terrific service, and delicious food. I wish we had had time for dessert because the menu was enticing! I highly recommend this restaurant.

3 Thank Scarlet000
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfectly Run Restaraunt!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

It doesn't get better than D'Amelio's (Off the Boat). This restaraunt is a local gem. The customer service is excellent, the food is absolutely delicious, the prices are reasonable, the atmosphere is great.... there is not a single complaint you could have about this place. Do not think twice about going here, you will love it!

3 Thank Renee G
Wareham, Massachusetts
“best in boston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

from the minute we walked in the door to the minute we walked out, we were more tahn happy with our experience..all the excellent reviews i read did not lie!! the shrimp scampi app is to die for and we did soak up every drop of the sauce with the wonderful crusty bread..all four of our entrees we perfect!! and the deserts!! antionetta talked me in to the lemoncella..man was that fantastic as well as my favorite tiramisu!! all i can say is get to this place early, order yourself a pitcher of sangria and be prepared to have a great time!!

Longueuil
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Warm welcome and excellent service. But the food is fantastic. Last evening I had the main course special: Lobster ravioli with vodka and lobster sauce. My husband had the seafood misto. Well the ravioli is addictive. I want more. The seafood platter was cooked exactly right. You could plunk this restaurant down in the middle of Québec and have foodies lined up around the province. And good food is a religion up there! I will defiantly be back.

• Visited November 2012