“Really great hotel bar”

North 26 Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
North 26 Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 3,319 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Union Street
Transit: Take the Blue or Green line to Government Center. Walk down the stairs to the right side of City Hall and cross Congress Street to North Street. The hotel is on the left side of North Street, just opposite Faneuil Hall and flower market.
Description: Located on the historic Blackstone Block with front row view of Faneuil Hall and Quincy Marketplace. Enjoy New England favorites with a selection of Atlantic favorites including lobster, chowder, oysters and clams. N26 is a farm to table restaurant supporting New England farmers and growers.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very attentive staff and great roster of wines and cocktails. Keep up the good work. Every time we stay at the hotel, we count on North 26 for drinks and excellend bartenders.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I went there for dinner a couple years ago for our anniversary and had a lovely time sitting out doors. We were in Boston earlier this week and decided to have dinner out the last night we were there. We were in the financial district and remembered that we had a nice dinner here so we decided to try again. Im glad we did. The waiter was a great person, very friendly and helped with the dinner menu giving a few tips which helped. We didn't have any appitizers and just main course dishes. Ib had the steak with a cab rennet sauce which was fantastic, my wife had the chicken dish which she said was very good as well. eating and the bottle of wine which we had was all great. We will o back again quicker than 2 years next time.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Very hospitable staff, unlike the hotel. Food was good, only had breakfast there. Eggs, coffee etc...The servers were very polite and well mannered.

1  Thank SPenaRobinson
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Breakfast for two - coffee, OJ, and omelette cost us $50. A bit of a stretch!!! The staff was very nice though.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Had stayed at the Millenium hotel which this restaurant is connected to/a part of. I checked out the menu on the hotel website and a few entrees caught my eye, so I decided to venture downstairs. Much to my dismay, when I got there, the menu that I was presented with was totally different, so I asked the server about it and she said it was recently changed (hotel needs to update menu on website).

I checked out the wine selection, and asked about a few of the selections. The server knew nothing about them since they were "new" on the menu, but offered me a taste of 2 different ones that I was interested in. She brings the first one, but proceeds to tell me the second one was not available as it did not come in (or something like that). I ended up ordering a glass of the one she brought a taste of.

Now, on to the menu. As stated above, the hotel website menu was different than what they presented to me. This new one seemed heavy on the fish items, which I do not eat fish). I love soup, and they had 3 different choices...gazpacho, pea, and clam chowder). Everyone knows that gazpacho is served chilled, and I wanted hot soup. So it was either pea or clam chowder. I order the pea soup. Guess what, it was served chilled too, and the server should have mentioned that. I could barely eat it, so sent it back. Did end up ordering the chowder, which was tasty.

My entree was a chicken breast. Wonderful presentation, and quite tasty. Did not order dessert or coffee.

Overall, my dining experience wasn't the best (website/menu) differences, wine choice not available, soup fiasco, but what I ended up having was very flavorful.

Would I go again...probably not. Next time I would venture out to other places in the area.