“Why Questions Why”

House of Blues Boston
Ranked #15 of 154 Nightlife in Boston
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The only thing that's good about this place are the music and bands that are willing to play. If you even remotely don't like the band that is playing here, you might as well stay home because everything about this venue is questionable.
For example why do I have to wait in 3 consecutive lines just to get inside? Why is there 1 bartender at each bar, when 20 people are in line at each one? Why does it take 45 minutes to get your coat?
Granted, it's nice to have seats upstairs to chill or a few tables to socialize if you don't want to get on the floor. I agree, the floor is packed but it's safe and the sound is awesome.
Like, even the staff have a collective look on their faces, like, as if they want to say to you, "I see how pissed off and annoyed you are with everything, but it's really starting to wear off on me." I swear it's like they are trying to be as slow as possible just to mess with you- to take out their aggression for taking the crappy job in the first place.
I had a good time because I loved the band and I wasn't willing to drive to Hartford or Portland to check 'em out. Aside from enjoying the music, everything about HOB was curiously bad.

All reviews
"dropkick murphys"
in 6 reviews
"concert venue"
in 6 reviews
"great place to see a show"
"mosh pit"
"throwdown"
in 3 reviews
"garage"

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Saw Trombone Shorty and Avenue Orleans on January 18. Awesome talent. As an older couple we probably shouldn't have stood so close to the stage as the music was very loud and the young people wanted to dance in a space that was too small. But overall it was a great night.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Went to see Jake Bugg with 2 teenagers this past weekend. They were in the standing room only area and I had a seat. I couldn't see them from where I was seated but felt that they were in a very safe environment so I was comfortable with the setup. Excellent acoustics. Bouncers were very helpful. The parking next door (Lansdowne garage?) was very reasonable ($15) even though there was an event at Fenway on the same night. I would definitely go to this venue again.

1  Thank brittaboo
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Drove 2 hrs to a place that was said to be open and wasn't..... But after reading the reviews and viewing the restaurant, I'm glad it was closed..... I was spoiled by the Orlando House of Blues, apparently.... I would call to complain about the host staff, but this review does it justice....

1  Thank DianeCT_USA