“Nice place for a beer” 4 of 5 bubbles

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice place for a beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

This establishment wasn't nearly as busy as most others around it and I don't know why. It had a great atmosphere, good food and drinks were plentiful. I would recommend stopping by with friends and/or family. The only downside was that the bathrooms are in the basement and had a slight offensive odor.

Visited April 2013

Albany, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We attended the sold out Kip Moore show at House of Blues and had a fabulous experience. All the staff we came into contact with were very friendly and helpful. We had GA floor seats and they were great. They have something called "dine and pass the line" that if you buy an entree in the restaurant or shop in the store, you get a receipt to go in a special line that gets let in first when the doors open. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this option as we ended up in the front row and only waited in line for about 20 minutes. the food was really good and prices reasonable. Just confirm with the hostess because they don't offer that program for every show. We thought it was a great place to see a show and would gladly go back. They had a coat check which was a blessing and a curse. We didn't have to hold our coats being a cold night but it cost $10 to check 2 coats and we waited in line for 15 minutes to get them on the way out. Overall, it was a great night!

California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Sit in the VIP Section”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

My boyfriend scored us VIP seat/tickets to see the Dropkick Murphys here on St. Patricks Day. VIP area is the way to go. The there is a great view of the show from the seats, sound is great and the VIP area bar line was never long.

I would come see another show here if I could score VIP seats. Did not look like you could see well from the floor and I can't handle standing for an entire show.

5 Thank Beerpwr
San Francisco, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Dropkick Murphys on St. Paddy's Day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Scored tickets to the Dropkick Murphys show on St. Patrick's Day for the Sunday show. We paid a little more for VIP box seats on the 3rd floor, which included dual bars and tiered level seating. I read the other posts regarding hands-on security, etc. and there were no issues with the frisking or crowd control. The sound and the views from our seats were perfect. Yes 90% of the other areas are general admission, which makes it difficult to relax when the crowds go crazy.

We walked from around the corner once we finished dinner before the show, and after the show despite the temperature we made it back to the hotel in 45-minutes.

Sandown, New Hampshire
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Exciting Venue to see a show - just wear the right shoes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We went to see a Saw Doctor's show at the House of Blues Boston, just outside the doors of Fenway Park and close to Kenmore Square. Easy location to alk to from the Green Line. Exciting venue, great sound. It was sold out, always had good service at the bar in the scene. Easily accessible bathrooms. Just wear the right shoes, most of the seating is standing only. Maybe get a seat and stand? I was thinking at the beginning of the show I was glad not to have a seat so I could dance, then when my feet were burning, I wished I had one. Just bring the right shoes. Don't wear heels if you're standing for HOURS.