“The battle that changed everything”

Bunker Hill Monument
$236.40*
Private Boston Freedom Trail Tour with Driver
Ranked #32 of 403 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: This 220-foot granite tower commemorates the Patriots' undaunted bravery in defeat at the 1775 Battle of Bunker Hill.
Reviewed November 24, 2012

To read about that war is one thing, but to be there and see 1st hand how it really could've been a strategic location is another. Born chilling to be on same dirt as all of those brave men fighting for our freedoms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,259)

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Its a mini Washington Monument in a park. I'm not suggesting you should not go but it would not be on my list of things to do first. Drive by and take some pictures but only the mosr dedicated will take the time to go to the top

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Feel like some exercise?...Climb up 300 steps for a view of the Boston area from Charlestown...USS Constitution museum is nearby

Reviewed November 5, 2012

When I was a kid my Dad worked at a buther shop on bunker Hill St. On Sat he would let me come in and make $10.00 and I would cut the cold cuts for the orders going out.
After work we would head sraight to the monument and there we climbed laughing and joking to each other first one up.and so at about the middle there is an open window, that means it wasnt far to go keep counting the stairs almost 300.
I have to say that was never an old thing to do, it was exciting first time everytime.
then because we were not really well prepared we should have had a set of binoculars, but we einjoyed the view anyways. If you live near Charlestown, /Boston make a trip over and climb it at least once. If your visitng go with the kids they love the inside, soemthing much different than the elevator we all take to high floors! go its a excellent take in.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Wonderful historic site with displays and placards to explain. You have to brave the 294 steps up for the panoramic view of all of Boston!

Been to Bunker Hill Monument? Share your experiences!