“Should tell you it is a YMCA”
Review of Constitution Inn

Constitution Inn
Ranked #82 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We booked online as most do. Nowhere did it say it was a YMCA. There is nothing wrong with a YMCA but it might have influenced our choice. The room was large, although dated, and had a full kitchen. Very close to the USS Constitution and USS Constitution Museum which were on our list of things to do in Boston. A little bit pricey at $209 per night but it saved us several taxi fares.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This hotel is average, not great, but not a dump. We stayed for 2 nights in May and we were satisfied with the room and service for the price we paid. It was quiet and clean enough. Definitely not in the heart of Boston and parking wasn't convenient. I might stay there again, but I'd look for better options within walking distance of more attractions.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here a few years ago with a few friends for a pre-deployment trip back in November 2009. Their prices per room were good and we got there shortly after they renovated some rooms. The only negatives I have concerning the Inn are that the parking is the worst, and it's fairly far from down town. Overall we had a nice stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was happy with the location of the Constitution Inn, it was close to the Navy Yard and I even walked over the bridge into Boston and around the Cambridge area. There are not a great deal of inexpensive places to eat and this Inn does not supply any food, but the room did have a mini fridge and microwave so I bought my own food.

I was happy with my stay, but the bed felt as thought had plastic on under the sheet, was onto sleep on but every time I rolled over I heard it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I have been staying here for years and love it . This year I went with 2 friends from college . The experience was different in a bad way . We stored our luggage as the room wasn't ready and went to explore .The staff once we returned at check in was less than pleasant . We got to the room and needed to get more towels , went to call and there was no phone in the room . Went downstairs and asked for towels and asked for a phone . Never got the phone , as well as the micro that we asked for .There was a stove in the room but looked as if it was set in the former closet space . No hangers for our clothes , the second day there was no hot water in the whole building . Cold showers for us but upon return had been fixed . Manager was very nice and apologized . Location can't be beat but our room just was poorly done , no phone , 2 sets of towels when there were 3 in the room , plugs would not stay in the wall outlets , light by the bed not working , no microwave. One night a security guard knocked on our door asking if we had called for help ( no phone so we couldn't have ) which we had not . In checking with the desk the next day ,was told they went to wrong room as there were young adults there just turning 21 and making too much noise . I usually love my time at the Constitution Inn but not this time .

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank SLGMaine
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The holiday I have just returned from with my boyfriend started with 3 days in Boston. Our travel agent organised this hotel for us. All we wanted was a clean and affordable hotel close to Boston centre.

When we arrived at the hotel the reception staff were friendly and welcoming. However... they gave us our room key for the room we were booked in for, to find that when we opened the door, another families belonging were there. They had given someone else our room, yet given us a copy of the key to their room, which made us feel very uncomfortable.

The reception staff were very apologetic and arranged another room for us, which was very basic. However, one of the beds was covered in dead mosquito’s (room came with two beds). Luckily the other wasn’t, so we slept in that one. The other issue was that there was a dirty used blood stained band aid lying on the floor in our room.

The room suited our needs on the basis that we were only were staying there for a short time and the hotel was quite close to Boston harbour, which took 5 minutes to walk to the ferry. The staff where lovely, but if I went back to Boston, I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
ConstitutionInnMgmt, Manager at Constitution Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Vicki,
I apologize for the inconvenience of a less than perfect stay.

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback! To prevent this incident in the future, we implemented a more detailed housekeeping checklist. Our staff has been refreshed on all the housekeeping practices necessary to deliver a perfect room to our valued guests.

I would appreciate the chance of turning this experience into a positive one! We hope to have you as a guest in the future!

Alexandra Rauca
Director of Housekeeping

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is probably one of the worst places I have ever stayed. Over priced for no reason. Bathroom had mold around it. Never had enough towels left for us. The sink wasn't clean. Cold water tap had no water pressure. Outlets wouldn't hold a plug. No coffee in hotel for morning. The room wasn't properly cleaned before our arrival, I found a plate, and napkin just lying around. Hair all over the top of the shower. No plug to have a bath. Our room key stopped working halfway through our stay. Staff was not friendly all in all. All around dump. For $250.00 a night....Thanx for nothing!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Tricz
ConstitutionInnMgmt, Manager at Constitution Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Constitution Inn, I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. Our housekeeping team takes great pride in ensuring our rooms are clean and comfortable for our guests and a misstep has occurred. Thank you for sharing your experience with us as we can use your feedback to improve.

Best wishes,