“Needs updating, but staff is great and price is right”
Review of Constitution Inn

Constitution Inn
Ranked #81 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The review title pretty much says it all. This place offers discounted (cheap) rates to patients of MGH and the military. I've stayed here on average at least once per year for the last five years or so, for three nights each stay. The beds are not the most comfortable. The heating/AC system doesn't work especially well. Still, the staff are all great, the rate is cheap, and it is conveniently located for us. The free Partners Healthcare shuttle will get quickly get you to the North Station where you can take the T to almost anyplace you want to go in Boston. We'll be back next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Constitution Inn

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed here one night for business. It is a nice hotel . Friendly , helpful staff, very clean, comfortable bed. I especially liked that it was convenient to many attractions. They don't have breakfast there, but there is a good place right across the street. My only negatives about staying there is the lighting in the room. The table was in a corner where there was no light except for that coming from the light on the bed headboard. It was insufficent if you want to read or do any work.
I thought it was a little pricey too. But when you look at other things around Boston, it is all expensive.
You won't need to use your car to get to many things. Mass transit is convenient. I walked to the North end for some nice Italian food. It is a short walk to the freedom trail. You can rent bicycles close by too.
It is located in the old Navy Base. Great Harbor views nearby. I liked the location and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Sccoast1700
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are in need of updating but the area is great. You are close to the freedom trail and the uss constitution. As I said don't expect a lot out of the rooms. There was mold on the shower curtain and staff was hard to deal with. Towels were hard to get and we had to ask multiple times each day to get enough.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We had many family members staying here so I saw several rooms. I would have given it 4 stars but a handyman needed to visit to fix a few: a crack in the ceiling, small things in the bath. Rooms were clean, nice heavy drapes, and friendly and helpful desk staff. Short walk to the bakery cafe and commissary store for breakfast and ready made food items. Short walk to ferry and the museum and partners hospital bus. Even the 25 min walk across the bridge to the North End was Scenic and easy. We definitely will return!

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Very proud of the great discount they give to the military but oh my goodness! People at front desk real nice when we asked for our money back and check out a night early because no air conditioner. It was hot! We were told to open windows and use a fan. Windows opened only about 6inches; construction out our window woke us up about 6am. Sheets were rough; old and had been washed with towels I guess to make them ball up. I cant decide if this place was worth the money or not. We skipped out a night Easley and moved to a place that was $150 more, where we got an excellent nights sleep and a free breakfast. Will never come back back and would not suggest this place to anybody.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lesscat
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Great location, friendly and informative staff and the best pillows ever! The room was basic but I wasn't there to sit in the room so the location was perfect. It was quiet and convenient. It's the second time I've stayed here and I'll come back again!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank SDnat
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Where to begin. My first time in Boston was for a group trip in October 2013 and the next time I go I will avoid this hotel at all costs. I made the reservations in April for a room with 2 beds. Upon arrival I was told that the room would only have one bed and that there were no rooms available for what I had reserved. This was also the case for more than half of the rooms in our group. While sitting in the lobby, a couple came in and were told there reservations were no longer available and that they were booked at another hotel a few miles away. This couple stated they were never informed of this change! I then was told that I would have to pay extra for a fold out bed. The room was not impressive. The 4 channels that tv picked up was static.

Before heading out for night I noticed a sign in the lobby stating that after hours guests had to show their room keys. Upon arriving back rather late, not only did I not have to prove I was a guest, but no one even stopped me or asked to see my key. I then did not sleep because both nights of my stay there was some commotion in the hallway, angry commotion. I had to make sure my door was securely locked to feel safe. The only upside to this hotel was the close proximity to the USS Constitution.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends