“Neighborhood quaint with terrific food”
Review of Church - CLOSED

Church
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Cross street: Queensberry
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have a feeling you might like this place. The bar is great. The food is original, always fresh and always reasonably priced. The outdoor space is easy and comfortable. It is definitely a neighborhood establishment but there is a casual sophistication felt in this dining experience.

1  Thank tj0nesbari

Reviewed August 2, 2013

With a connecting music venue, I was worried the food would suffer of the sound would be annoying. I found neither. Tucked away behind Fenway, Church is on a quiet corner. There is outdoor seating, which we took advantage of. Our server was excellent. We shared a few appetizers, sliders and a flatbread, Hoppin' John, and a cornbread that was like dessert. With the exception of the hummus, wench we felt lacked some added flavor ( it seemed to lack tahini, garlic and lemon), all the dishes were excellent. Good selection of beers and cocktails. Overall we had a good meal and a great time.

1  Thank pensfan58
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Four of us chose this for a Saturday dinner and were pleasantly surprised. Not only are the prices reasonable but the food is excellent! The flammkuchen was particularly memorable. Ploughman's platter was good. Salmon was to die for. Artichoke entree was delicious. Steak tips were REALLY filling. And Farmer's Flatbread was perfect. Also the wines are very reasonably priced. We went through two bottles! Service was fine.

1  Thank abecedarius
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Nice location, near Fenway Park. Watch out for Red Sox games, I paid more to park there than I did to eat due to a game---glad I had reservations. Nice location, food was good, small brunch selection. Our waiter was new, so I didn't ask the reason it was called church---it didn't obviously look like an old church. Service was good, but not great, my one waitress kept spilling water all over the table and took a while to clean up. The cocktails looked interesting, but I did not have one. Food was good and basic, no salt and pepper on the table. Overall it was ok, would I go back---I'd have to think about it.

1  Thank Blaspdaley
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The highs: the food is quite good, for the most part.

The lows: the kitchen is so slow it's astonishing. I often read complaints about slow service then wonder what the writers are talking about. Not here. THE WORST EVER!! Compounding it, our waitress avoided eye contact, making it difficult to get more pita to go with the generous portion of hummus, or even get a glass of water.

The service is so slow it ruined what could have been a very nice meal.

The club, connected through a shared restroom area, was crowded with a line out aside, so I can only conclude that management doesn't care much about the restaurant...

There are lots of food alternatives in Boston...go enjoy them instead!