“Get there early”

Cuisines: American, French, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We read about this place online as having the best sandwiches. It was only a few blocks from our hotel so we went there right after they opened on a Sunday morning. We had walked by the day before and the line was huge, so we wanted to get there early. We arrived about 8:10am and they had orders already being called in. My fiance and I both ordered the breakfast torta that we read about and they said it would be about a 20 minute wait! Geez! They seemed to be a bit disorganized in there. They were sending someone out to get ice for drinks/iced coffee, oil and some other things. The sandwich was good but not amazing. The beans had no taste, but the salsa was good. Next time I would definitely get some chorizo on it. As is, it felt like it was missing something.

1  Thank Kate185
There are newer reviews for Mike & Patty's

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Pros:
* The "fancy" breakfast sandwich is AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!
* The coffee is great
* Large variety of hot sauces :D
* The staff is super nice

Cons:
* Not a sit-down restaurant, as I was expecting. It's a counter with a tiny kitchen and a table for 4 in the corner.
* It is a victim of its size and popularity. I waited over 20 minutes for my order. It was worth it but after a long overnight trip on a Greyhound bus, I was looking forward to a sit-down breakfast.

Tips:
* Call your order in and pick it up later when it's ready
* Take your order to go and eat at the garden at the corner of Church and Melrose. It's beautiful.

1  Thank Julie P
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stopped by on a Friday morning - This place is tiny but the food was great. My wife had the Fancy, I had the Banana Sandwich. Both were great. The Banana Sandwich is perfect for someone who likes sweets for breakfast. The fancy was an amazing breakfast sandwich. Don't plan to eat there - The is one table, otherwise it is a place to grab and go...

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed overnight in Boston and our hotel concierge sent us to Mike & Patty's for a quick breakfast. It was a short walk from the hotel, but well worth it. We both order the "Fancy" and it we agreed that it was quite possible the best breakfast sandwich we had ever eaten. One note, the place is REALLY small. You will likely be waiting for your food outside, so if it's cold, call before you go. They will have it ready for you when you arrive.

1  Thank slworld
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Mike & Patty's was a terrific breakfast/lunch joint for a number of years, despite operating out of one of the smallest facilities one could imagine. Sadly they appear to have closed. No word on whether they plan to re-open here, or elsewhere.

dbussison0, Owner at Mike & Patty's, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Hello just wanted to let all future patrons know that we have re-opened as of January 1st, 2013. Please come visit us Wed-Sun during the week!