“Just 20 minutes from downtown Boston..”

Holiday Inn Express Boston
Ranked #69 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights but is was worth the money. The family room we had was big enough for the 4 of us. The where clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful in giving more than enough usefull tips to explore Boston. Tip: book a day trip on the Bean Town Trolly this trolly service is Hop-on Hop-off service which will show you all the important sites of Boston. You can make a reservation at reception and it will pick you up at 9 and bring you back to the hotel at 6. There is enough free parking space available. The complementary breakfast is simple but it gets your day started. For dinner we would recommend to do that in downtown Boston there are a lot of nice restaurants to choose from. For the shoppers there is a mall just behind the the Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Marco S

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I am now writing while I am here in the hotel, the hotel is so far good, complementary water in room, clean, bed is comfortable. staff are good. If you don't intend to travel by car, the T station is not very close, they run a shuttle every 30 min around the clock, which means .. waiting. I don't usually have my breakfast .. but by throwing my eyes, I find it simple and nice.

the only little thing I face here, is the AC is making noise affecting my sleep, I complained to them, they said it was fixed while I was out, it was quiet for just an hour. now while I am writing here the AC is again giving high annoying noise .. what do you need from a hotel except a nice sleep !
I hope I can sleep !

I cant give 3.5 on my overall rating, so I give 4.

mark me as helpful if you like my review

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Omani_Advisor
Wagner Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Dear Omani_Advisor,

Thank you for taking the time to write us your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Boston.

I want to reassure you we will check our AC units for noise level. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve.

Best regards
Wagner Q,
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 9, 2014

This hotel is surrounded by traffic. Our shower curtain rod was put on wrong so the curtain won't close.. leading to water pooling in the bathroom. There was so much water leaking onto the floor it puddles to the carpet. The fan in the bathroom doesn't work either. We will not be staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2014
Wagner Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Amkso,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, my apologies about the issues mentioned about shower curtain and fan. Your comments have been forwarded to our maintenance team and we appreciate any insight to make our hotel better. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you decide to give us another try, we will work hard to make sure you have a great stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Boston.

At your service,
Wagner Q.
AGM

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the HI Express - Boston and were very pleased with the facility.

The hotel is a short subway ride from the heart of Boston. Easily accessible using the hotel shuttle and red line.

The proximity to the freeway is not a problem. The only noise that made it into the room was an occasional truck or motorcycle but that was almost completely muted, too.

The facility is well run by a very attentive and competent staff. Check-in was a breeze. The front-desk host, Larry, had us on our way to our room in no time and was quick with information regarding their shuttle and using the subway. Subsequent inquiries at the front desk were answered quickly by a smiling Gina. Very friendly and helpful.

The room itself was clean with everything working as it should. The bathroom was a typical bathroom with nothing especially noteworthy but on the positive side, no complaints either. It was very clean.

I had 2 good nights' sleep here without the disruption of noisy neighbors or the ubiquitous slamming hotel door. I did not hear either of those at this facility. It was a very quiet room and a very welcomed surprise.

The breakfast buffet is a notch above continental, offering scrambled eggs, sausage, sausage & gravy (I think), and make-your-own pancakes. Cold cereal, hot cinnamon rolls, bagels, and juice are also offered. The buffet is well run and kept clean.

Overall, the stay was very good.

Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MotorCityChuckLHead

Dear MotorCityChuckLHead

Thank you for taking your time writing such wonderful review. Our staff is very happy to know you enjoyed staying here and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best,

Wagner Q.
AGM

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Overall, I was happy with my choice. Although I wasn't recognized at platinum at check in and didn't get an upgrade, the hotel was clean and comfortable. The shuttle was very useful and service was good. Overall, it's a good choice.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TechMarauder
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I generally like Holiday Inn Express'. They are mostly newer hotels, in good locations. They are nothing fancy but have a consistent culture which emphasizes service and comfort. This particular Holiday Inn Express was also nice. Get ready though; it's expensive. My one night cost me $400. Good thing it was a business trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Boston hotel is so expensive , so with the price and location , this is a good choice if you have a car. South Bay shopping next to the hotel , you can have everything. Nice room , big , wifi is good , bed and pillow are up to standard. Will come back .

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family