“OK average hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Boston
Ranked #67 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed November 17, 2013

nothing is exceptional about this hotel, receptionist was not so welcoming at all but maybe because the hotel was busy
i didn't get any compensation for not being upgraded - strange
room is average, nothing exceptional - location is OK - 10 minutes to downtown
there was an ongoing ventilation noise from shower room - i couldn't figure out how to stop it

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Wagner Q, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Shmulik C ,

Thanks for taking your time writing this review about the Holiday Inn Express Boston. I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location. Our hotel is very popular and unfortunately our staff can become overly busy at peak hours this time of the year. Please do not hesitate to contact me upon your next visit, I look forward to welcoming you back and assisting you..

Best regards,
Wagner
AGM

Reviewed November 7, 2013

It was good staying here during my business visit. It is close to airport and hence is most suited for frequent fliers. Apart from that, the in house staff is best! They help you out in planning your sightseeing, there's a T station nearby and it offers a convenient shuttle service too. You can plan accordingly and visit one of the finest places like the USS constitution museum and the Freedom trail. Value for money, I would say!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank adarshkp89
Dennis C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear adarshkp89,

As the hotel General manager I want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on line about your stay with us here in Boston. I was glad to read that you found everything you needed for touring around the city. If you are ever in the area we hope to see you again!!

All the Best

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed here over a fun, friend weekend and did not regret it. It was nice to stay in Boston for a pretty good reasonable price. I liked the location of it being right off of the highway and close to a T stop. The staff was extremely helpful when we asked for navigation, T information, or attractions. We first interacted with a woman who had long braided hair. She was great! She helped us with navigation and attraction questions. There was another young lady who was working a shift in the early evening who was great at the front desk. She was working in the morning as well and helped us get a cab. We even had a man late at night at the front desk who helped us with a few things we needed help with. I do have to say that I was bitten by a spider twice while in my bed, but how can a hotel really control spiders and it was not like they were poisonous. Other than that, everything was fairly clean, welcoming and nice! Again, I loved the location. It was easy to navigate to and from. I would recommend for a practical stay! If you are looking for a place to sleep and shower, this is a great value!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LaughingD

Dear LaughingD,

Thank you for posting your comments on line. As the hotel General Manager I have to say I am sorry to read that you had an issue with spiders. Although you did enjoy your stay, I want to than you for all the wonderful comments about the hotel from the staff to the location. If you are ever in the area again please feel free to give me a call personally, I will be happy to assist you making your reservation.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

After a very frustrating experience with the local HoJo, I made one call to this hotel. Front Desk Clerk Gwen totally saved my day! Got me a room, top floor, away from the elevator (I'm a day sleeper, work at night), was as friendly and helpful as anyone could hope for. Kudos to this hotel and to Gwen for being there when I needed them! SUPERIOR customer service!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear FStegall,

Great comments, thank you for taking the time to post them on line. We just think Gwen is one of the best. She really loves what she does and it shows with every guest that walks through the door. i am happy to read that she was able to make your day!!!

All the Best,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently spent a few nights here, and have no complaints about the place. Location wise, it was just a bit too far to walk into Boston town centre, but there was a subway station only a few minutes walk away. I believe they had a shuttle bus service that went to the subway as well, although I didn't feel the need to use it (as the weather was beautiful!).

The parking was free, and although a busy road was nearby, I can't say I noticed any road noise. The breakfast wasn't out of this world, but it was good enough for me to go back for more (a couple of times). Reception staff were friendly, and helped point me in the right direction for things to see in Boston town etc.
The bed was also comfortable, and I had my best nights sleep of my holiday when here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DavidO1892

Dear DavidO1892,

Thanks for posting your comments on line about your stay with us here in the Boston. It was great to read that you found the hotel to be of easy access to the city center.

Regards,

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was travelling with my wife and 2 boys plus both our mothers. We drove from New Brunswick, Canada and had no trouble finding the hotel. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and the furnishings looked new. My only complaint about the room would be that the area around the bathtub looked like it could be updated. The kids loved the 6PM warm cookies and the free breakfast had something for everyone. Hot and cold food such as cereal, fruit, bagels, eggs, bacon and sausage. What really added to the value was the 14 days free parking and the free shuttle to and from the cruise terminal. The shuttle driver was also very friendly. The low ratings for children's act and pool is because their are non.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gryffyd
Dennis C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Gryffyd,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great comments about our hotel on tripadvisor. As the hotel General Manager it make me happy to read the stff was wonderful and you enjoyed your stay. When in the City of Boston please think of staying with uas again we look forward to your return.

At Your Service

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Boston street following a late arrival into Boston. While the hotel location was reasonableness and the staff was extremely helpful, the physical appearance and feel of the hotel was somewhat dated. The bed, however, was quite comfortable and the room was quiet.

• Stayed: October 2013
Wagner Q, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Bzoo2013,

Thanks for your review, I am very glad that you found our staff extremely helpful and our rooms comfortable.

Our hotel was fully renovated in 2010 and we are working towards keeping it up to date. We try to keep our rates below our competition, especially during these high demand days of october, the peak of high season in Boston.

We do offer best rate guarantee and special rates for advance purchase at our official web http://bit.ly/hiexbos.

I look forward to welcome you back, please do not hesitate to contact us should you need any assistance.

Best regards,