My daughter & her boyrfriend made leisure reservations at this property based on the location & listed amenities from their website...specficially those associated with available transportation and location to Fenway Park. The website specifically states that “If you're vacationing in the area, remember that the hotel's site near Fenway Park provides convenient access to Red Sox games.” It also states that “Amenities like a 24-hour shuttle ($5/ride) also come in handy, especially since the hotel's address is near attractions like Fenway Park.”
Based upon these descriptions we were under the impression that this property was in fact located near Fenway Park and had a shuttle that would take either to Fenway or within close proximity. However, upon arrival and visiting with one of the HIE staff members during check-in they were informed that neither of these were the case. Not only is the property located several miles (an hour+ walk) from Fenway but the shuttle service does not drop off anywhere close to Fenway Park. Instead, they learned that the shuttle service drops guests one block from the hotel to the closest subway terminal for a 10-15 minute ride to the stadium.
When they showed the HIE staffer the property website and cited the above descriptions, the team member admitted them to be misleading but reiterated that the shuttle could not take them anywhere near Fenway. Needless to say, they were very disappointed in the way the property represented, or in this case misrepresented, itself. In addition to sharing this feedback with the hotel manager, they have also submitted a similar review on the HIE website.
On the bright side...the rest of their stay was pleasant, affordable, and comfortable. However, since they selected this property based on the online description and their plans to attend a Red Sox game...it was disappointing enough that they will make alternate lodging arrangments next time they are in town for a game.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Boston Hotel is the best option for affordable accommodations minutes from the action of downtown Boston.Our patrons appreciate our excellent amenities and the utmost in customer service.The Holiday Inn Express Boston Hotel is located only two miles from downtown Boston and five miles from Logan International Airport. Our hotel offers transportation to/from Logan International Airport and Black Falcon Pier for only $5.00 per person each way. We also offer free shuttle service to Andrew Station (only 5 minutes walking). We are conveniently located near many attractions in Boston, such as the JFK Museum & Library, Chinatown, Theater District and the Museum of Fine Arts. Hotel amenities include complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, free high-speed Internet access, and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads, pastries and our legendary cinnamon roll. Complimentary freshly baked cookies are offered daily at 6:00pm and complimentary coffee available 24 hours. Visit Boston, MA and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Boston hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelPower, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotel.de, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Boston Hotel Boston
- Boston Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Boston