“Clean, Comfortable, Affordable”

Holiday Inn Express Boston
Ranked #68 of 85 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Nice hotel in Boston, but not in heart of the city. The great advantage of this hotel, in addition its affordability, is the free parking within the premises. Therefore, the hotel is very suitable for travelers arriving to Boston with car while traveling in the region. There is a subway station to downtown not far away. The room was very clean and well maintained. The stay was comfortable and pleasant. Free Wi Fi, Excellent TV set and receiving (all the channels were very sharp). The hotel offers basic breakfast, not exciting, but satisfying. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. When we checked in we received a bag with snacks and two bottles of water, which was really nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dennis C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent stay and posting your comments online. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that matter, We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!! We are upgrading our breakfast buffet over the next few weeks so when you return please look for the changes.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel has been updated to suit most of the Holiday Inn Express criteria within its capability. It is most definitely an older hotel that has been remodeled. The bathroom is tiny! The floor tiles are dated and the sink area is practically nonexistent. In order to close the door you must slide in front of the toilet to do so, it is that small and for that reason alone I would rate this hotel lower. The actual bedroom size itself is adequate. We had 2 queen beds and had plenty of room. The beds were comfortable as are all Holiday Inn Express beds. This hotel is located about a 7 min walk to the Train and we did take the train into Boston without any problem. Everyone seemed willing to assist people who did not know their way around (us!) The lobby area is not very impressive but adequate. The advantage of this hotel is price ($200.) vs downtown hotel prices, complimentary breakfast and free plentiful parking. The personnel were excellent and did everything that they could to accommodate us. That was very much appreciated. All in all it was a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HawkSpiritTraveler
Dennis C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent stay and posting your comments online. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that matter, I deeply apologize that this stay you had a few issues. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. I will make sure your comments are viewed by our staff.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We booked for 5 nights to attend our son's graduation. Our main criterion was to avoid the higher priced hotels in the city. We were very satisfied with the Holiday Inn despite it's slightly tired appearance. All of the staff were helpful, cheerful and competent. The breakfast was great although a little crowded at times. Room was kept clean, bed was very comfortable and despite an 80% occupancy it was very quiet. There is a business centre with free use of computers and printers. There is also a good self laundering facility at low cost. The location is close to a metro service and there is a regular free shuttle to the station. We walked during the day and felt quite safe. The adjacent shopping area has everything including restaurants and large stores. It takes about 25 minutes to get into town and the price makes it definitely worthwhile compared to the overpriced city hotels. We would strongly recommend this hotel to people on a limited budget who want all the conveniences of a more expensive hotel but are prepared to be a couple of miles out of town.

1  Thank cogduo
Dennis C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for you kind comments about your stay. As a Holiday Inn Express hotel, we are proud of our culture and our spirit to serve. Our goal is for our guests to feel welcome and well cared for while staying with us. I am happy you enjoyed our newly renovated business center and found our guest laundry and added bonus to your stay. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the shops and restaurants next door as well.

Regards,

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Though I have stayed in Holiday Inn Express Cambridge two years ago, I am not making a review on my stay. I want to ask for comments from General Manager Dennis C.
My wife and I are from Toronto, Canada. We are going to take a 5-day cruise departing from Boston on June 4. We can only leave Toronto on June 3 and arrive Boston a few hours prior to the cruise departure on June 4, That means we will not stay in Holiday Inn Express Boston before the cruise. The Park, stay & cruise package does not work for us. However, we would like to spend a day or two to explorer Boston after the cruise. Can Holiday Inn Express Boston be flexible to convert the "Park, stay & cruise" package to "Park, cruise & stay"? We would like to register the parking of our car upon arrival, then take the shuttle to the cruise terminal. We check-in to the Holiday Inn Express Boston when return from the cruise.
Is this arrangement the same as the regular "Park, stay & cruise" package? Please be so kind as to advise so that I can make reservation on the hotel room. Thanks. Dennis T. from Toronto, Canada.

1  Thank Dennis T

Dear Dennis T,

Thank you for asking about the "Park, Sleep and Go" Package. Of course toy can still make the reservation we will be happy to assist you. Please call the hotel and we can book everything for you.

Regards,

Reviewed May 12, 2013

First of all, the location is convenient. It is just a few minutes walk from the Red Line station at Andrew (though I would not want to walk it after dark). The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the room was clean. They offer a fast shuttle to Logan Airport for $5, which is worth the convenience. However, it is not in the nicest area. The hallway and the room I had both smelled a bit musty so I had to turn on the A/C to get some fresh air every time I returned. The whole place needs an upgrade. A free breakfast is provided, but the selection is limited and just a notch above airplane food. I was able to see light from the hallway on all four sides of the door, so of course every sound from out there was intrusive. I was tempted to say it was a fair budget hotel, but considering that I paid over $200 per night, I have to say this Holiday Inn Express was not worth the price. There are better options in this price range.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Giddes
Dennis C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent stay and posting your comments online. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and I thank you for your kind words about our staff. I deeply apologize that this particular visit was a disappointment especially with the noise levels experienced and the musty smell. I will relay your comments to the staff so that they can continuously improve on their efforts. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed for business during April 2013, rooms are dated but clean, facilities are dated but well maintained, breakfast as you would expect at HIE, conveniently located next to mall which has several restaurants, Target, Home Depot etc. Area is a little rough depending on what your used to, wouldn't go wandering at night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Boston! As the hotel’s General Manager, I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for staying with us. We know that you have many choices in travel and we appreciate you providing us with the comments about your stay. I will pass your feedback along to the staff and we will move forward to update our features.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a week and have the following comments:

--Walls are paper thin
--Shopping mall nearby had entertainment in the form of a man relieving himself on the sidewalk in the middle of day; I stepped over the streaming urine on my way back to the hotel
--breakfast consisted of an inedible selection of breakfast items: harsh coffee, bacon-like substance, orange juice (watered-down tang is much much better)

In summary, I paid from 150 to 300 dollars a night which varied according to day of week. For that same price, or slightly higher, I could have stayed at the Westin. Enough said.............

Room Tip: different hotel