“Good airport stay”

Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Ranked #57 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed one night to catch up on sleep after a long flight, before starting out our actual trip the next day.
The hotel was very convenient in that it was possible to walk via the sky walk from the airport. It did take us about 10-15 minutes to reach it though.
The service behind the desk was mostly very friendly.
Our standard room was very spacious and we slept well in the comfortable king size bed.
The hotel also offers shuttle service to and from the subway station, which is handy. However, when coming from the station, you have to call a number to be picked up. And that receptionist was not at all friendly.
We did not have breakfast there as there is so much available in and around Boston itself.
Overall, very fine for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 20wot
Write a ReviewReviews (3,606)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I'm a road warrior. As the most senior member of management in my company I am constantly staying in a hotel somewhere most weeks. Yesterday (2/25) I checked in to this hotel after visiting their website. I selected a CORNER PANORAMIC VIEW - KING BED (room category as stated directly from Hilton's website). I checked in, went to my room #681, opened the curtain and sure enough it's a corner room. Nice size, very clean, although drafty (even with the heat set at 72 the room is cold) but ZERO view. I'm looking at an airport building directly ahead, an airport steam turbine vent to the left and an airport concourse to the right. HUH?

Naturally I go back to the front desk and ask why my room doesn't have the Panoramic View as described in glorious detail on their website because I often have to work in the room and naturally I was interested in the view, otherwise I could have selected a less expensive category. The employee at the desk politely told me that I should state in the comment section of the reservation that I would like a room with a view as many of the CORNER PANORAMIC VIEW rooms don't have views. WHAT? Did I misunderstand her? I asked her to explain that and I didn't misunderstand. You have to ask for a view if that's your preference.

I'm only here for two nights and overall this is a decent airport property but c'mon Hilton get your facts straight. Bait and switch is a bad policy and given that I'm a frequent traveler and guest of Hilton I'm old enough to know better and experienced enough with Hilton Hotels to know that this isn't what I should have experienced.

Room Tip: If you plan on eating at this hotel I suggest you use room service instead of Connor Public House (o...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank P K
Kathryn M, Director of Front Office Operations at Hilton Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear P K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback with our Hotel. I greatly appreciate your honestly about the view of your room. I would like to assure you that your feedback is not taken lightly, but to heart. I have personally walked all of our panoramic rooms with our management team to ensure the views are properly communicated. We will be modifying the room description to accurately represent all rooms in their larger size and explain the different views the rooms offer. I feel confident this will clarify the upset you should not have experienced, and I do hope you return to offer me the opportunity to provide to you the view you anticipated. Additionally, for your room specifically we have investigated and addressed the temperature to ensure a comfortable temperature can be reached and maintained. Please contact me directly if I may be of further assistance or when you return in the future at Kathryn.Menio@Hilton.com

Best Wishes,
Kathryn

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel is connected to the airport by an enclosed walkway that skirts along the parking deck. A true relief in the winter. It's about a 5-10 walk depending on where in the airport terminal you start.

The executive lounge is very nice with hot appetizers in the evening. Drinks are extra. The view across Boston is beautiful. Breakfast is available in the same room and was fine. Nothing special.

The restaurants are fine.

I didn't have a chance to use the exercise facility but it appeared to be very nice and well equipped.

No complaints about anything. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Arrving late in the evening in late January in freezing cold and discover that you can actually walk inside from the arrival hall through heated and clean corridors to the hotel, was a very nice surprise. The hotel does not seem to advertise this but this is a major feature during the winter. Appart from that, the hotel is just like many airport hotels, clean, pleasant staff, good internet in lobby but the free internet in the room was to slow to use.

The proximity to the airport was perfect and I will stay again in future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed here Feb 16-17, 2014. Our incoming flight was very late, and we just weren't up to a 2 1/2 hour drive home. We had read previous reviews, but our stay was fine. Had a room on the 9th floor. Bedding appeared new, very comfortable. Room was quiet, which is what we needed. Heat worked fine. I hate rooms where the fan runs continuously.
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors may be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Krbnsol
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Chose this hotel on a recent visit to Boston. Hotel is conveniently located inside Logan Airport with a connector walkway! Hotel is very clean, and staff is quite friendly. Rooms are nice and well-maintained.

As a Hilton Honors Gold Member, hotel offered a full breakfast buffet, a nice upgrade to the usual lounge access/continental offerings.

Hotel is close to the blue line, or you can walk to the Silver line in the main terminal for easy (and cheap) access to downtown Boston.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Damien P
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed here for one night while attending a conference being held at the hotel (admittedly - a bit unusual for a conference to take place at an airport hotel!). Check-in was smooth and we were given a very comfortable, clean, and quiet room. You would not know you were at an airport! The meeting rooms for the conference excellent and all the food was extremely good as well - portions were abundant! The staff were courteous and professional. The room rate included parking which was helpful because I think the parking alone can be expensive. So if you can get package rate, it is worth it. Also, the parking is a bit of walk (or at least it seemed so in the very cold weather), so it would be wise to leave your luggage in the lobby and then park the car. The only snag was that it took nearly 20 minutes to get a hot chocolate to go from the bar in the evening - and then when it arrived it was cold, chocolate milk. The waitstaff at the bar, however, was excellent and promptly corrected the error.
Overall it was an excellent stay, and with a good rate, we would stay again.

Room Tip: Our room faced away from the airport (for the most part) and was very quiet. Not sure how the rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business