“Comfortable & convenient”

Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Ranked #58 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here while visiting a college student. The rates were significantly better than hotels in downtown, and with the T, it was possible to get into downtown quickly. Plus the hotel has a shuttle to the T which is sent out on request - even more convenient. Good sound proofing - no airplane noise. My only complaints were that ALL the noises from the bathroom upstairs were audible. And the wait staff at breakfast provided hit or miss service, with what looked like a preference for serving men but not women travelers. However, the senior hostess on duty took my concern very seriously and graciously, which took away the sting.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,577)

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My experience is very good with this hotel. The lobby is big, and room is well decorated and clean and big. The room is quiet, even next to the terminal. The view of the room is good with water and boat. I like the choice of shampoo and soap brand as it smells so good. The shuttle bus is very convenient to connect airport terminals/bus/subway with short wait. The air bridge connecting the hotel to the terminal is a big plus.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Besides being close to the airport and for this reason very convenience, there's nothing positive about the hotel. Room was ok, clean and comfortable, service was rude and not helpful. Unfortunately I was there during a black out, I was staying on the 9th floor and elevators were off but after the alarm ringed, there was nobody to tell me where I was supposed to go in order to exit the building. Stairs are not so easy to find and when you get at the first floor there's no sign that says you have to exit (where the meeting rooms are) and not proceeding at ground floor. So I went at ground floor there were buckets, trolleys and stuff...it looked like a deposit, I did not know how to exit...finally I found a gentleman (a guest) that found the right way to exit and pointed it to me, close to the meeting rooms..all this time no hotel employees came to help.
For this reason at the restaurant there was no hot food I could eat, I was aware of that but the lady at the entrance told me to go to sit at the bar to wait for a table (all chairs at the bar were busy ??!?!).
Besides travelling a lot I rarely find hotels were there's no free wi-fi.... I thought Hilton was not one of them but I was very disappointed when I found out I had to pay for internet wi-fi.
When I left I asked at the Reception to help me with the confirmation of my flight. The first lady I talked to was very rude and told me to go at the terminal even when I told her it was not necessary (a phone call was all I needed) and even if she understood I was not american and it was very difficult for me to talk on the phone, she did not help. She was small, brown hair and was working at the morning shift on the 23rd October. The other lady was a little bit more helpful and even if she did not offer to make that call for me at least she gave me the telephone number of the flight company.
In summary, many hotels have clean rooms and services, what makes the difference is the employees, if you feel welcome or not...well, next time I'll fly to Boston I'll definitely choose another hotel even if further to the airport.

3  Thank Valentina7733
Kathryn M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Valentina7733,

We are very appreciative of your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Boston Logan Airport. It is because of such important feedback we are able to better serve our guest and ensure that the total guest experience is 100% satisfactory. In the interest of safety and security, your comments are equally important and concerning. I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Safety and Security, so that she can do her due diligence with respect to your guest room location and review our Standard Operating Procedures for review as necessary. If you are agreeable, could you please contact me further so I may learn more? Kathryn.Menio@hilton.com

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Booked this Hotel for our last night in the US, we had a flight from Logan and we had to delivery the car to rental near the airport, so we chose Hilton for location and because we loved our previous stay in other Hilton Hotels.
Few minutes after check in, when we were going to have dinner at the restaurant, a black out happened, so we used stairs from 9th floor. When we reached the ground floor a Security man asked us if all the lights were on in our floor??!!??!! At the restaurant the Lady at the entrance told us there were no seats available and we could go at the bar for eating something. We went to the bar but there were no chance to sit anywhere so we came back to the entrance asking where we could have a seat. The answer was "ok so you can wait for 10 minutes". I noticed three small tables available...so I asked if we could sit there and the Lady said "oh ok." The Waitress who took care of us informed us, after we ordered something to drink, that because of black out there was no chance to have something cooked and we ordered two salads. We had the salads, without some ingredients of course, but we had to pay them full!
In the early morning we were woke up by other Guests in rooms next to us...maybe the walls are very thin...
Before leaving the Hotel we needed to confirm our flight so we asked the Lady at the Reception, before making the check out, if she could help us. In a sarcastic way she told us there were no need to confirm a flight, and we could go to our terminal at the airport!!!! Maybe her Colleague at the Front Desk noticed the situation because she interrupted her and told us we could make a call to Lufthansa from the Guest phones in the Lobby, providing us the phone number. Helpful, even if in a Hilton Hotel I expect the Front Desk Agent to make a call for us...
For the high rate paid and the inconveniences (never heard a "sorry" from anybody) occurred, it was definitively a bad experience.

5  Thank FWulf
Kathryn M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear FWulf,

I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for the lack of quality service that you received while staying with us. I assure you that the service you experienced is not something standard in our hotel. While the Hotel was experiencing issues that impacted the kitchen, I apologize that this was not handled effectively. I encourage you to reach out to me directly so I may best address these service failures, Kathryn.Menio@Hilton.com.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here overnight in September as our flight from London landed late at night. The complimentary shuttle service was excellent and the night staff at the hotel were extremely helpful. The beds were very very comfortable and no airport noises heard. The next morning the bell captain and staff were helpful and friendly. I would be more than happy to stay here again

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We just got back from a trip to Boston/New England. We flew into Boston and chose to stay at the Hilton Boston Logan Airport our first night. The hotel is located adjacent to the airport and was any easy walk from Terminal E. One of the reasons I chose this hotel was that it did have an Executive floor with an Executive lounge. We were given a room on the Executive floor, but the Executive lounge was closed and was not open on the weekend. I did not see any other attributes that made the Executive floor special. The room was standard, the view that was supposed to be of downtown Boston really was not. We were given breakfast buffet coupons, that was nice. The hotel is convenient to the airport. It offers a shuttle to the airport and other transportation hubs.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter