“Perfectly placed for early morning flight”

Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Ranked #57 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night due to early morning flight from airport. I have stayed here a couple of times before and have always had great service. Stayed on executive floor with lounge access. Had tea and cookies and night and fresh fruit, yogurt etc for breakfast. Lou ge has a lovely view over the airport, as did out room. Room was clean with plenty of toiletries and good selection of tv channels. Had a great sleep. I have never taken the airport shuttle as I prefer to use the covered walkways to the terminal building. It's only a short walk. Would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (3,604)

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife, 15-month old and I stayed at the Boston Logan Hilton to catch an early flight after a week vacation (i.e. we had a lot of stuff). We planned to take the 6:30am hotel shuttle to the terminal in the morning, which is scheduled to leave every 15 minutes. Unfortunately, we were not informed that the shuttle could not accommodate all the passengers trying to get to the airport and about 15 of us were left stranded to wait for the next shuttle. While there was an idle shuttle sitting nearby, we waited a full 15 minutes for the 6:45am shuttle. Then, the first stop was to drop off FedEx pilots at an out of the way location -- this is kind of annoying as we approached the 7am hour before we even got close to the airport. As a point of reference, you can walk to terminal A or E from the hotel in 5 minutes. Unfortunately we were flying out of terminal C (and had a ton of stuff), which we were told is not walkable. Still, taking more than 25 minutes longer to drive to terminal C than it takes to walk to terminal A was not our expectation. The Hilton should a) have extra capacity with additional shuttles to accommodate the passengers who are clearly staying at the hotel only for the convenience of being able to quickly get to the airport and b) they should de-prioritize FedEx pilots or arrange a separate shuttle so that the shuttle doesn't go 10 minutes out of its way when regular passengers are just trying to make their flight.

Beyond that, the service was fine (bell persons were great).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Wow - really taken aback by the poor service I received at the front desk from a young woman whose name I will withhold. My Hilton Honors membership counted for absolutely nothing and the hotel tried not to honor my official Hilton Honors preference of complimentary continental breakfast. According to Hilton Honors rules, its supposed to be in the hotel restaurant but the hotel wouldn't hear of it. I was even charged $9 to 'upgrade' to Executive Lounge. The food in the Exec. Lounge is horrible (and has been every time I've visited the hotel) and is only worth a visit because of the view it offers.

I requested a room with an airport view and was twice given rooms with completely obstructed views (views of atrium overhang). The excuse I was given was that the hotel was "completely booked". After repeatedly asking for a room with a view, one suddenly "just became available". It had a better view than the other ones with obstructed view, but not by much.

If you're Hilton Honors and you hope to receive any benefits other than lousy Exec. Lounge, I hope you have better luck than me. I stay here fairly often because of its convenience when I'm flying out of Logan, but I'm open to looking elsewhere. Marriott here I come!

Room Tip: Good luck getting a room with a view. Ask for an even number to get better chance at airport view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lisajanetx
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Hilton Boston Logan Airport hotel is a very nice, top rate airport hotel. Rooms are spacious, clean, modern, and well laid out. They are also quiet. The executive lounge has great views out over Terminal A and the Boston skyline across the harbor. The lounge itself is well stocked and with a fair amount of room to accommodate heavy usage times. Staff was visible and helpful.

The hotel does have a shuttle service that will take guests to any terminal or the MBTA Airport Blue Line station (the silver line leaves each terminal). However, it is possible to walk via a covered walkway to either Terminal A or E and from there to terminals B (from A) or C (from E). If you are walking from the hotel to go into Boston, walk to Terminal E, not A, even though the walk from the hotel to E is longer than the walk from the hotel to A, as the MBTA Massport shuttles go A - B - C - E. If you are coming back to the hotel from the city, take a shuttle to A and then walk. There are also several food choices (Au Bon Pain and Dunkin Donuts are the two I remember) landside in Terminal A, if you tire of hotel food or want something quick / light / cheap.

I did find that for the distance involved, getting from the hotel to the center of the city was more time consuming than I would have expected. A disproportionate amount of the time is spent getting off the airport grounds - once that has been done, the travel is relatively quick into central Boston or Back Bay. MBTA has excellent advice on their website on when to use the Blue Line to get into central Boston from Logan, and when to use the Silver Line.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Room was nice, very clean. They have 24 hr shuttle service for anywhere around the airport, including rental car companies and train station. We stayed here to catch an early morning flight. They had us to our terminal within a 5 minute drive. They also shuttle to the train station, and from there, you can catch the subway into town and get to practically anywhere you want to go. The subway/train system in Boston is awesome and you can get around very easy.

I was worried that because of the airport location, that you would hear planes coming in but noise was not a problem at all. We had a very quiet night's stay.

We weren't there long enough to eat in the restaurant. Breakfast opened at 5:30 AM, and we had to leave at that same time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've stayed here many times over the last 12 years and I was here again for 2 nights over the weekend 26-28 July. This was the first time that I stayed without Hhonors status and it really made a difference. I noticed that the exec lounge is no longer opened over the weekend - but since it was getting very stale with poor service I don't think this is a huge loss.

I booked a King size room which was allocated to me after a fairly speedy check in. I have received upgrades to the 2 exec levels (top 2 floors) during previous stays but not this time. The room was OK - but definitely getting a little grubby. Carpets in halls and room could do with a deep clean. The room (7th floor) was functional but not anything special. Windows need cleaning asap.

Housekeeping was very poor for a so-called 4 star hotel - shampoo, conditioner, toilet rolls, tea, coffee and coffee cups were not replenished at all which meant I had to wait for this to be done (without apology) when I was trying to get ready for an evening function. There was no pen or notepad in the room. One of the phones did not work either. Basic stuff and it shouldn't need me to ring reception to get it sorted out.

I ate in the Berkshires Restaurant for breakfast. The breakfast buffet was OK but certainly wasn't worth the $21 / $22 it cost (that's the cost without the obligatory 20% service tip - for serving yourself no less!)

Two of us also ate in Connelly's pub which is just off the atrium - this was much worse than I remembered - I had a onion burger, my colleague had fish and chips - we had 2 Sam Adams beers each too. Again, with tip, the bill came to $80. Very poor value for money given the quality of the food. My advice would be to go back downtown to eat where there are much nicer places than gloomy, grubby Connelly's.

The worst aspect was the lack of sleep - a family of 5 was put in the room next to me. As they presumably had an early flight they started their day at 3.10am. This would be fine except they didn't stop their children from playing and making lots of noise until they left at 4.30am. I appreciate that their noise wasn't the fault of the hotel (it was after all the parent's own selfishness) however my impression is that if you want a quiet night's rest before a flight, you need to book an Exec level room (never had a problem with early leavers on the Exec floors as I assume most visitors are on business and are generally more courteous to other guests)

Unless I absolutely had no choice I wont be booking this hotel again which is a shame given how much I used to look forward to staying here. If I do need to use it due to an early flight I guess I'll have to spend more money on an exec room.

Room Tip: Even if you get a view of Boston rather than the airport you'll need to squint through the grubb...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dogsareforlife
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel was nice - clean room, nice furnishings, good gym - but the 2 dining experiences we had were quite poor. Food was mediocre and overpriced. Great location if you need to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple