“Good spot for a short stay”

Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Ranked #58 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My flight home was delayed so I opted to stay the night at the Hilton by Logan Airport. The shuttle driver, Frank, was extremely helpful and friendly. The lobby is quite nice and made a good first impression on me. I was quickly greeted and given my room which was a definite plus.

The room was quiet and far away from the elevator so I didn't have to worry about noise after a long flight. The room itself was nice, but there were a couple of carpet stains and smudges on the curtains that surprised me. Certainly, I felt the room was clean, I was just disappointed that no attempt was made to cover the spots or just change the carpet and curtains altogether.

This hotel is perfectly fine for a short stay. I would stay there again in a pinch.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Cat Y
Write a ReviewReviews (3,534)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

When planning a recent vacation to travel in the northeast, one of the major decisions was where to stay on the last day before returning home. After considerable debate, we decided to stay close to the Boston Logan Airport and chose the Hilton. As it turned out, it was one of the best decisions of the entire trip. Even though there was not a hard and fast time commitment for any of our stops, we wanted to see what we had planned and there was actually little time for rest and relaxation. So, when we arrived at the Hilton, we found ourselves needing to unwind and basically decompress from an event-filled week of travel. After checking in, it did not take us long to figure out we had made a wise decision.

The airport was just minutes away, the amenities of the hotel first-rate, and the choices for food and beverage extensive. The service was outstanding and we were treated well from the time we arrived until the time we checked out.

If the previous scenario sounds similar, let me highly recommend the Boston Logan Hilton as a good option to consider.

Room Tip: With the view, request a room on higher floors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kenneth C
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for about ten years and except for the restaurant, they are constantly improving. They now know what room I like and make sure I get it. They know I need a bed board and it is already provided. I stay at the hospitality level and find their food at the hospitality room getting less flavorful. But it doesn't compare to the restaurant which is really not very good. The best thing going for it is the Clam Chowder.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jlevitin
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Never even had to put on a jacket to get to this Hilton as it's connected to the airport terminal. Very classy place with a nice resturant and bar in the lobby. We ordered roomservice which was nicley presented yet alittle on the cold side after it's long hike from the kitchen. I'll take it as I had had enough walking and standing and waiting to last me a week.Check out was no problem as they put the invoice under your door. In ten minutes we were out of our room and checking in for our flight. The Executive Lounge was excellant with a great view of the incoming blizzard that almost stranded us in Boston.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank coopervanning
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We decided at the last minute to book a room near the airport due to an early morning flight and the threat of a snowstorm approaching. I started looking at the various options and just decided to get the closest one to the airport. I was surprised at the competitive cost despite the "Hilton" name.

We were greeted upon arrival and offered immediate assistance with our luggage. Having prebooked the room on line, it only took a few minutes to check in. Very impressive lobby and room. Everything was spotless, as it should be. The room had a coffee maker but no refrigerator. They have automatic wake up calls by using the phone in your room. Very convenient and easy to set up. There was a charge for internet which I found odd since I'm sure a lot of business people use this hotel. They do have free wifi in the lobby though.

There was a snack bar and restaurant in the lobby, but the snack bar closed early. We ate in the restaurant, a little expensive, but I expected it to be so. Very good cheeseburger and way too many french fries. They also offer room service. The lobby got pretty busy later in the evening. People just sitting or walking around, drinks in hand yet!

They have a gym and small pool right off the lobby, and a small "convenience" store. A little bit of everything in there.

Wake up call came right on time. We did the express check out right through the phone. The shuttle passes by every 15 minutes around the clock. There were several passing by when we left, I assume for early departures. The one we got on filled up so I guess others had the same idea to avoid a possible hazardess drive in the early morning.

The hotel was very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mo32
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was the first time in two years that I had stayed at the hotel. It has always been a solid property, and I like the convenience of it being connected to Terminal A & E by walkways. So on arrival from London on the Virgin Atlantic flight, it made sense to stay here for the first night.

The walkways are good, but it is a bit of a walk - good exercise. Check in was quick, efficient, my preferences recognised, and an upgrade to the Exec floor offered.

After freshening up, I headed for dinner in the Irish themed pub in the lobby, with my parents, with whom I was travelling. I was not especially hungry and neither was my father, and knowing the servings are huge, we shared fish and chips. Perfect plan - the fish was very good, flaky and tasy, and chips good too. My mother had a salad which looked fresh and tasty. The Guinness was good too.

The room is solid - not spectacular, unlike the view of downtown Boston. The bed was comfortable, the room spotless, as it should be, and the bathroom filled with bug fluffy towels and Peter Thomas Roth amenities.

Breakfast was taken in the Exec lounge - it is a limited continental choice, but the English muffins were very tasty, there was plentiful cereal and fruit, and the lounge agent was very friendly and helpful. Check out was equally painless, and at all times, the staff friendly.

This is not a new hotel anymore, but still feels like one. It is a rock solid Hilton property in my view, and long may that continue. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank David W
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I booked this hotel with cash and points. I regret paying the $106 and 25,000(or more) points for one night. I should have stayed home and woke up a 1/2 hour earlier. Check in was fine. It was on the later side for me. We got up to the room and it looked okay but was "dingy." By dingy I mean it had been smoked in at some point (stale cigarette automatically puts it into the dingy category for me).

The next morning we went down to catch the (every 15 min) shuttle, as we approached the front door with my husband kids and all of our luggage, the shuttle pulls away empty. You think his job would be to keep his eye out for people coming toward the front door with luggage. The next shuttle came 15 min later but so did 20+ other people. Now we were cutting it close to our international check in time, 4am stress, not good. As we gathered our 2 yr old out of the stroller folded it up and get crowded out, away from the bus, as everybody who arrived to the lobby after us filed on, the bus driver tells us there's no more room we have to wait for the next. I attempt to plead with him asking if we can ask others to wait for the next, he said he can't, we had to wait for the next and shut the door. The doormen (awesome) who apparently witness the whole situation had already called another shuttle for us. It came shortly after and we made our flight. The best part of this story is that bus called our bus and let us know not to use the upper deck at BOS because they were stopped in solid traffic due to an accident, you have to love karma :)

Pay less money and stay at a hotel a bit further away with a shuttle, it will take the same amount of time and cost you less money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Candice F
Kathryn M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input on our properties dining options and guestroom comfort and we will use your comments as we constantly look for ways to improve our offerings. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the quality service you expect and deserve from our brand.

Kathryn Menio