“Nice stay spoiled by tour group”

Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Ranked #57 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Everything was fine during my two-day stay, except that there are very limited dining options in the hotel, and no convenient way to go elsewhere. There was a large cruise/tour group that comandeered the only restaurant, and I had to make do with snacks from the gift shop. Not worth the pricey room rate.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank pavoga
Kathryn M, Manager at Hilton Boston Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Pavoga,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I do apologize that the restaurant was very popular the evening you were with us. I certainly hope this does not prevent you from staying in the future, and I am happy to assist you for your future stay. I encourage you to please contact me so I may ensure a smooth stay with us! Kathryn.Menio@hilton.com

Thank You.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,605)

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Usual type of room for a hilton hotel and very convenient for the airport as it has a connecting walkway which it helpful when dragging large suitcases. You do however pay for being so close to the airport. We had an early flight home so we did choose to be close. It was remarkably quiet to say we were so close to the airport and the king bed was quite comfortable. The only downside is the extra charge for wifi which we found surprising. Breakfast was also extra.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed many a night at this hotel at the airport; sometimes as a short stopover when connecting through Boston and sometimes when on very short business trips to Boston. My experience with the hotel has always been very good.
The hotel is at the airport - in fact, it is connected to the terminals by a covered walkway. For one night trips, I have found this to be a great convenience, as I typically arrive in the evening and can then go straight to the hotel and get settled. Getting into town for business in the morning is no problem at all - either by taxi or by subway - and leaving the luggage right at the airport is convenient for flying back or onwards at the end of the day. Of course, if staying multiple nights in Boston, it is more convenient to stay in the city and that certainly offers more culinary options.
The rooms at the hotel are nice - clean and comfortable. I find the view of the airport to be a real plus, so I always try for a room on that side of the hotel.
The hotel has a coffee house in the lobby - allowing one to get a real coffee in the morning - not just the weak brews served for breakfast and in the executive lounges. There is also a restaurant in the hotel - a standard hotel restaurant - overpriced for the quality of the food, but not as bad as some hotel restaurants and I have not had any problems with the service there.
I will continue to stay at this hotel when the schedule makes it convenient - it is a nice place to have a quick stop.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank EagleFlyer
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We picked this hotel to assist with catching a 6 am flight. Quiet and convenient. Pricey overall for what we got. Access to a pool and hot tub was a pleasant pus for an airport location. The low point was our meal at the only dining option. Terrible value, long wait and really lackluster fare.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I usually stay at the Embassy Suites when flying into or out of Logan, but thought that I would give the Hilton a try.

The hotel is located in the middle of the airport and you can walk to Terminal E and (I think, Terminal A), although the walk was not short.

My room was very comfortable and what you would expect from a Hilton. Similarly, the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant was expensive for what you got. The buffet was not very extensive (certainly not as extensive as the one at the Embassy Suites) and was not included in the room price.

Although this is a nice hotel, I definitely prefer (and would recommend) the Embassy Suites at Logan. The rooms are bigger, with a living room and a great breakfast is included in the room price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel is very attractive. If not new, then it's been recently renovated. Our room was in a corner with large windows on two sides and a nice view of downtown. The room was very quiet - absolutely no airplane noise! Both the room and the bathroom were large. I had one complaint about the furnishings - instead of a comfy chair there was a very uncomfortable half armless couch. I can't imagine who could sit in it for more than a few minutes. Fortunately, there was a comfy desk chair too. Wifi is 9.95 a day. Food at the Pub is not bad, but seemed a bit over-priced. The breakfast buffet was better than average, but at $20, I would expect more. If I needed to stay at the airport again, I would stay here.

Room Tip: The corner rooms with windows on 2 sides are nice - very roomy too.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We booked this hotel because we thought it would be convenient for our early flight back to the UK, and all others seemed much further away. Plus points: the room was one of the cheaper ones with a view over the airport but was comfortable and well soundproofed. The breakfast area was attractive. Negative points: the only place to eat in the evening was in the bar. This was gloomy, noisy, crowded and disorganised. We queued at the entrance as directed, only to find out from another guest that we had to put our name down on a piece of paper and wait for it to be called. There were few seats within hearing distance of the entrance, occupied by other guests, so it was standing room only for 20 minutes, waiting for the call. If there was any alternative less than a cab ride away we would have taken it. The food was ok, but eaten at a sticky wooden table facing 3 TV screens with the sound turned off. Altogether what you would not expect at a top name hotel. Finally, although the hotel is linked by overhead walkway to the airport, distance to some of the terminals is lengthy and unless you were fit and had little luggage you'd need the shuttle bus. Next time we'll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple