“Lovely little gem in Boston.”
Review of Copley House

Copley House
Ranked #69 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Lovely little gem in Boston.”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Four of us have just spent 2 nights in a studio apartment run by Copley House. It was in St Stephens Ave, a short drive from the main establishment. The apartment was on the 3rd floor so for some, carrying luggage up the stairs might be a problem as there is no lift. It consists of a queen size bed, a sofa that turns into a double bed, a dining table with two chairs, well equipped kitchenette and well appointed bathroom. The location is good, about a 5 minute walk to the Prudential Building and quite a few good eateries around the corner. The bed was comfortable and sofa bed was adequate. Clean towels were supplied daily. Overall a pleasant place to stay in Boston.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
CopleyHouseBoston, Manager at Copley House, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thanks for reviewing, Geoff-Dale! I'm happy to know you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us during your trip to Boston. It's great to hear that you took advantage of what our location has to offer! Thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts about your experience -- we'd happily host you again on your next trip.

Safe travels,
Christian - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Yes, the neighborhood is lovely and the location is great. But the hallway looked to be partway through some redecorating and wasn't very welcoming. The living room area of my studio was so dark I had to either sit at the dining table or in bed to read. The worst part was the "free local and long distance calls"--totally non-existent. The phone didn't work at all when I got there (no dial tone). When I came back from dinner, there was dial tone, but I still couldn't make any calls. The offer to have it fixed the next morning was no consolation--I had to leave before 7 a.m. And no offer for any compensation. Yes, the bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. And the price was fair enough for what I got. But I can't say I'm in a hurry to return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CopleyHouseBoston, Manager at Copley House, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
I hope you'll accept my apologies for the broken phone. I understand your frustration at this inconvenience, and I regret that we didn't take more care to resolve this issue before you left. I am happy, however, to hear that our location was to your liking and that you felt staying with us was a good value. Your feedback is always welcome, and we'd happily host you again on your next trip to Boston. Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else you'd like to share!

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Getting the "buts" out of the way first, we were in the basement in West Newton street and first impressions are not good- going down rickety stairs to be faced with a door lock that looks as though a good kick would be enough to get you in. The shower cubicle is outdated and rather dark but the shower is lovely and hot.
On the plus side the room is clean with fresh towels every day and it has a well supplied little kitchen with coffee maker, microwave and 2 electric rings ( although one didn't work). The bed is very comfortable too. A big television, wall mounted, was a bit too big as it was very difficult to get into bed from that side!
The apartments are in a great location easy to walk to the subway, or to shops/bars a couple of blocks away. The neighbourhood is quiet and feels safe.

Room Tip: Basement stairs are a bit rickety and the room doesn't have much natural light.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking a moment to review, Chloe. I'm very happy to hear that you were comfortable during your stay with us, and I appreciate your leaving us some feedback to work with and improve from. I do hope you'd readily stay with us again on your next trip to Boston, so if you have any further input about your recent visit and the kind of experience you'd like for us to provide, I'd be happy to hear from you. Reach out anytime.

Best wishes,
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Some friends and I decided to was to Boston for a week. Looking at hotels in Boston over July 4th not much was available and what was was extremely expensive. Found this little gem on a google search.
Great affordable rate, within walking distance of everything you would want. And the best part it's like your own little apartment in Boston. Saved a ton of money by not having to go out for every meal and we lucked out and got a roof top patio overlooking the church an reflecting pool.
The room felt outdated almost like house sitting at an old relatives. But it was clean and worked great for us. It was our own little piece of back bay living for a week.
Defiantly would recommend for anyone going to Boston.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
CopleyHouseBoston, Manager at Copley House, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hey Michael, thank you so much for taking a minute to review! I'm really happy to know you enjoyed your time in Boston and saved a lot of cash by staying with us. We strive to provide a comfortable and functional environment for our guests so that they can take advantage of everything Boston has to offer, so it's really great to hear that this was perfect fit for you. I really appreciate your recommending us to others, and want you to know that we'd gladly host you again the next time you're in town.

Portland
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Just got back from a week stay at the Copley House in the Back Bay area of Boston. This is one of the most affordable places that I could find in Boston. The bonuses are the reasonable price, fantastic location close to the T (subway) etc. and a very charming and safe neighborhood. Also having a small kitchen really came in handy. We were able to save quite a bit buy having our coffee and breakfast "in." I would say that the only downside were that the units were a tiny bit dated (bathrooms etc.). But for the price, the accommodating service and the location it was VERY worth it. I would absolutely stay at the Copley House again. BTW...just around the corner is "Anchovies" you MUST check it out...amazing Italian food:) There are also a French Bistro, and another Italian eatery all within a blocks walking distance!

Room Tip: Copley House is located right across the street from a very quaint little park for kids:) Added bonu...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CopleyHouseBoston, Manager at Copley House, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for reviewing, Nina! It was our pleasure hosting you. We strive to provide a comfortable environment and a great value for our guests, and it's great to know that staying with us helped you enjoy your time in Boston. I'm also happy to know you discovered Anchovies -- it's one of our favorite local spots! Keep us in mind for your next trip, as we'd be glad to have you again.

Best wishes,
ottawa
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Copley is a collection of 4 old brownstone type buildings, studio apartment-style rooms. there are 4 locations so check which one you are at, you may be wheeling your suitcase down the street (not far).
I was on st botolph. the decor is, well, old. pretty retro rose wallpaper in the hall made me giggle. rooms were small but fine.the bathroom was cramped but updated nicely. theres a neat little kitchenette with fridge.
the location is the best part, so close to many things. a 10min walk to Newberry shops and 5 mins to the mall.
The walls are very thin so loud neighbours will affect your sleep. there are no elevators so hope your suitcase isnt heavy!
overall, it's by no means fancy, and you may need to walk there. I enjoyed free wifi AND free local and long distance phone calls, the kitchenette and the comfy bed.

• Stayed May 2014
Glad to hear you took advantage of our location! Thanks for sharing your experience with us -- I'm pleased to know you were comfortable, and appreciate your taking a moment to let future guests know what to expect while staying with us. If there is anything we could've done to improve your experience, don't hesitate to reach out. I hope we'll have the pleasure of hosting you again the next time you're in Boston.

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I chose to stay at Copley House after reading some positive reviews, as well as seeing that it had a kitchenette and was close to a T station. We were definitely not disappointed! The room was clean and the air conditioner was already running when we arrived. The kitchenette was fully stocked with dishes and cutlery and had a mini-fridge. The bathroom was a bit on the small-ish side, but the shower had wonderful water pressure. The air conditioner worked perfectly. The people who cleaned our room did a wonderful job, and we came back to clean towels each day. The location was perfect - just a 3 minute walk or so to the Prudential T station. The only downside was that the steps leading down to our room seemed to be quite rotten and saggy - it was a bit scary to walk down them, but not too bad! All in all, great location, great service, and a great stay! We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If possible, I would try to get a room on one of the upper levels... We were in the basement, and wh...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CopleyHouseBoston, Manager at Copley House, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing! Especially as it was reviews like this one that turned you onto us in the first place, we truly appreciate your taking the time to let us and others know that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback, and would welcome you to stay with us again anytime!

Thanks again and best wishes,